NAMM's Last Day

Today Jay and I trekked back into Anaheim for the last day of the NAMM show, namely to see our old friend Norm Stockton play in the morning (at the Roland Booth) with Lincoln Brewster. (Lincoln Brewster is a SERIOUS guitar player, worship leader/songwriter, pretty big in the Christian Music scene. Oh, and btw, if Jay Dyrland ever reads this, Lincoln Brewster TOTALLY reminded me of him -- just wanted to let him know...)

It was pretty cool, they played a "mini-church-service" type thing right in the middle of the NAMM show -- and Lincoln was wailing all over the guitar, while we got to watch Norm play bass -- and sing!


(Norm Stockton and Jay, after the show)


Afterwards we all got together for a picture. We got to meet Norm's wife, who is super cool, she just finished a CD as well, which she gave to me. And the highlight (for me) was meeting the Executive Editor of Worship Leader Magazine (HELLO!!) she was sitting right in front of us and just happened to turn around and was introduced!! So I immediately did a "so you're the editor where....??" and told her I was a graphic designer and gave her my card -- don't know if anything will happen, but we'll see ... I'll be sending a courtesy email tomorrow.

(K, from left to right, Lincoln Brewster, Jay Huzil, Amy Huzil and Norm Stockton, at the Roland Stage, NAMM 07)

I guess after all this crazy weekend, it's back to life as 'usual' for the Huzils. It's nice to finally come back to a place, that although is new still for us, holds some familiarity, enough to feel safety here.



L.A. is a literal rat-race, and it smells, I don't know if it's the smog or maybe just the scent of greed, lust, and other humanity. But it's good to be back in San Diego.

Comments

hey darlin... i love lincoln brewster! he rocks. what an experience... i'm glad you have a home to return to, tho. i know how important it is to have that 'safe place'... i'm recording my two new worship songs, and i'm going to send them to you. love em.
Rachel said…
what an amazing weekend!! That's so awesome. (I also really like your new label for posts. it made me smile.)

cool!

R
Anonymous said…
Lincoln who? Just kidding... sounds like I should get to know the guy! Glad to see that you are having a great time and finding friendship and community!

The Vox Rocks!

Jay

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010