Well, we are getting ready once again to move our butts.

Thurs. we will be moving up to Carlsbad (30miles from here)


We will be living on the ocean's doorstep.


We will be loving it


But


There are parts of this area that I will miss. There is a certain "Point Loma charm" which will (hopefully) be replaced with "Carlsbad Charm". I have really no idea what to expect.

I've made all the calls I'm supposed to have made. I just need to pack (again, seriously, it doesn't even phase me really at this point) Perhaps we are destined to a life of nomadic transitions, from one place to the next, not necessarily knowing, not caring ... just wandering, purposefully, this planet.


I made the choice as well, to step down from singing and leading (if it can be called that) @ SDC.

This was practical~It had really become pretty impossible for me to get there. It was a hard choice though ~ but through it all, I do have good memories.

I sort of feel very relieved in a sense, and I'm actually looking forward to the break. I didn't think I'd get tired of worship, and I don't think it's the worship that I got tired of, it was the tasks associated with leading something that is pretty fragile and not committed. It's really hard to be doing it every week, trying to organize, plan, prepare, and maintain a good clean heart, and that's just being brutally honest -- there were times I just felt so frustrated and angry, and hard. I WAS Challenged! But I did learn something.

I'm not sure if we will go back, we've been telling people we will, and I think we'll make a service or two. Those we truly connected with, really we still see, and meet, and love, and that is what I pull from that place.


Anyways, that's all I'm saying about that.


Our week in review:

We beached on Thurs.

(Jay started feeding the sea-gulls, so pretty soon, we had front row seats to the "battle of the birds..")


Chilled on Friday

Worshipped on Sat.

(I) threw pots on Sun.

(I took this photo right outside the pottery studio, thought it was so pretty!!)

and today, it's packin' it in.


Till next blog! (@ the new place??)

Comments

Rachel said…
Hey Amy -- I totally understand your decision to step back from leading worship.

I also find it hard to balance all those things, and still find joy and excitement in the actual act of leading music.

I've cut back a little this fall too, (to only 1 team), and the reprieve feels wonderful.

I will continue to pray for you guys, especially as another move brings new challenges....

r

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010