The Hills are burning

So, today in San Diego we were witness to the Santa Ana winds, that hurtle themselves off the desert and whip through the mountain ranges east of San Diego. They cause the air temperatures here to rise into the mid 80's at the coast and cause a SERIOUS fire risk in the dry California brush.

Amanda and her Boyfriend Justin were full witness to them as well ... they are currently driving here under a mandatory evacuation of the area. (They are well on their way, we've been communicating via cell phone)

I've said my prayers and I await their arival, they will stay their last night in California before heading back home, at our home.

Mother Nature, or God, as I call it ~ is a power that no man can harness.

No sweet will can tame.

No leash can ensnare and capture and cause to move to our human hands.

We are at His mercy, always.

I am filled with a sense of gratefulness and awe, and I am glad that Amanda will be spending the night here...

and as I listen to the rage of the waves outside my window, I think of all the families who are being displaced, and who can't just drive or fly home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010