Sometimes God kicks you in the butt. And it's always a good thing!

I've had one of those weeks (the beginning of mine anyways) where I was super self-pity mode ... and I guess now that I think of it, my last blog was pretty self-pity-ish. Jay got "slightly miffed" with my whole "not wanting to be old and barren" statement, and to my defense, it was NOT referring to having children, though I would love to one day soon, but more to my life, not being what I perceive as "amounting to nothing".

In the middle of this week I was referred to a website/sermon of sorts, which completely altered my preception of my life as I know it, or rather, it was God, kicking me in the butt. I don't know about you, but one of the chief things in a Christians life is to imitate Christ. To try the absolute best we can to be like Him, because He was the one true God, in physical, on this earth. But I myself get so wrapped up in trying to "seek" the will of God in my life, yet still persuing my own agenda. I'm guilty of putting God in a box, trying to will Him to "do stuff" for me, for Him. (does that make sense?) Left to my own selfish thoughts and ambitions, I serve myself, and that is a sin which I am guilty of, it's our human nature. Her talk inspired me to "Serve with Joy" and to try to live out EVERY day knowing God more, seeking Him more and learning and trying to write His truth on my heart, so that in knowing the Gospel more, I can love God more and worship Him with my very life in a more intimate way. I will never get it perfectly right, I know this, but life can be so unpredictable and we never know when "our time" will come ... anyways ...

Instead of trying to explain all what has been placed in my heart because, in reality, I am still digesting it and it's fragmented right now at best. If you have time please listen to this woman's story, which is a bit long (55 mins) but SO worth it. Her testimony and message both convicted me and encouraged me, and inspired me to serve Jesus in my life more.

http://deathisnotdying.com/eventvideo/ (just copy and paste this link into your web browser)

The message is given by a Canadian Woman living in Vancouver, who is currently terminally ill with Bone Cancer. She originally had given this talk at her small group but it was so impacting that it turned into a women's event attended by over 500 ladies.
.....

To me, it does not mean that I need to do different things with my life (ie music or my job etc.) but I need to cultivate a different heart and attitude while doing them. And know that I am NOT defined by them, but rather I am defined in Christ.

We have another show tonight in San Diego and I pray that I will be Joy and light and a prophet right where I stand.

Till next blog ~ love, a.

Comments

Anonymous said…
thank you so much for this, ammee. i've had one of those self-pitying days and i needed to be reminded that my purpose is solely in imitating Christ. i love you. hope tonight's show rocks! em.

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010