Oct 30th

at first it's a whisper
a shimmer
a shadow
tinges of deep magenta soak the cloak of dark
that's held the earth's side in sleep
then unassuming
slowly waking
unlike each morning before
dawn stretches her
pink and orange fingers
of light
across the sky
bathing everything
in an unearthy soft silky glow

and I at my window
take a moment
from my morning
from the day and the thoughts that now race
unbridled never seeming to cease

the busy-ness which has become my life --
is forced to sit in the corner

and appreciate God's good gift
that everyday is a new day
and this beauty that I see before me
is His handy-work
a refection of His light, His life
is greatness
and my smallness

and as the morning fades from pink to yellow to frozen blue hues
and the rush and clutter come running back in
like a broken damn that could only hold onto this precious moment
for a short few moments

I will try to carry this in my heart ~ for this day, till the sun sets
my eyes close and I wake tomorrow
to praise and thank Him
again.
____________________________________________

Psalm 16

2 I said to the LORD, "You are my Lord;
apart from you I have no good thing."

Comments

Anonymous said…
yes... to carry this beauty within. i too, strive for this ammee... so well written. love you. em.

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010