The first week of December

(Our "Corporate Christmas Tree" in the JC front foyer)

I cannot believe that it's pretty much almost one week into December!

Christmas definitely feels like it's holiday toes are beginning to nudge themselves into my shoes. It's funny that for a corporate office, that usually seems pretty sterile and conformist, even here the sweet red tinges of Holiday cheer are seeping their way in.

The reception area is playing elevator-style Christmas music in the foyer ... cubes are getting decorated with lights, Santa Hats and little trees ... Poinsettia plants line our stairs and a pretty giant Christmas Tree looms in the front, declaring with it's ever-green-corporate-might that the Holidays are here.

I've been thinking of this time of year in a different sense -- since Jay and I are leading at North Oceanside Church now, and Christmas Eve services (aside from Easter) tend to be the most well attended. It is up to us (me) to plan our Christmas Eve service. I feel stress yes -- and the sense that I am flying by the seat of my pants! I know that I shouldn't worry, give it to God, and trust that He will lead us ... so I find myself trying to plan the songs for the service, making sure that things are simple enough for all to play, yet powerful enough to help people reflect and enter into the season, and maybe even realize for the first time, and receive the real GIFT of the season. Please pray for me as I try to figure out what songs are best, what parts of the Bible should be reflected on, and for our service and congregation, that they would be touched, ministered to by the Holy Spirit and Loved. I just really want God to show up =) in our midst AND in peoples hearts!

An update on little Christopher (our Pastor's child who has cancer) he has been doing relatively well ... he receives his next chemo treatment this Friday (tomorrow) and if he's able to hold his food he will be able to go home inbetween treatments!! (Praise God!) Pastor Chris has skype set up in his hospital room so the girls (they're other two children and family) can see little Chris without being there -- he's taught him how to give "high-five" to the webcam (so cute!). He's been smiling again w/ the nurses and families (which was a real answer to prayer) but still gets serious when males or doctors enter his room. We continue to pray for the whole family and for little Chris's healing -- God is faithful, I have been seeing prayers answered.

Last small bit of news; Christmas will always seem a bit strange (for me) being away from family. At this time of year things just seem to compound themselves. So, this year, I decided (with Jay in tow) to have a genuine Christmas Party. We've invited all our friends, and surprisingly, there's quite a few ... (way more than I remember us having in Canada!)... it will force me to put up our little Charlie Brown style Christmas tree (thanks mom, for bringing back this summer!!).

I have a feeling this Christmas time will be very powerful. And I'm Looking forward!

Till next blog! love, a.

Comments

Murray said…
I'm praying for you and very excited for you guys! I remember some stuff a while ago about,'dry bones'......looks like your right where your supposed to be. L. Murray
Anonymous said…
oh ammee... i love you girl. i love your heart. your beautiful, big heart. i am praying as you select songs... may God guide you. he's using you.

i saw your beautiful mother yesterday; she is such a gift. she reminded me so much of you... it made my heart ache. she and ed really blessed me. they brought me lovely clothes for aiden.

i love you girl. always, em.

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010