Today I have a bad attitude. It's not even like I have a really good excuse, in fact they are pretty pitiful but I'll share.
I have this pretty uncanny ability to wake up RIGHT at my alarm ... I'm not talking in the general vicinity of when it goes off, by 5 or 10 mins ... this morning, I literally woke up walked to my phone and my alarm went off, that's like 30 seconds early. So, you would think the morning is off to a good start.
I worked out and thought about sitting on my couch with my warm and fuzzy latte in hand and got to the fridge, only to realize that my darling husband had used all the milk. This is not a big deal (or it shouldn't be) but we actually really had no real food anyways, no eggs, not even a bun or toast, so my breakfast hiatus from my day was thwarted. Never fear, I can get food at work - no biggie.
So, work is work. I drive, I arrive. It's corporate, and now, thanks to our inter-office move, ridiculously quiet. And it's good, none of these things are annoying or wrong, but for some reason, I just feel it today. I feel annoyed at the smallest of things. I feel off balance to my inner-amy. And here is where HE enters.
He tells me:
23 The fear of the LORD leads to life:
Then one rests content, untouched by trouble. (Proverbs 19)
And it hits me ~ I am not resting content, I am troubled, but stupid and pretty minor things. I am not realizing the gift that this day is. The fact that I can rise and breathe, and move my limbs. Enjoy fruit and water. Wash myself.
Dear Lord, wake me up and rub my eyes, that I might see how good you are, and fear that you have created everything. The big and the small, for all these things are under your hands. Thank you that you have given me breath and life today. How can I live in your will and be a part of your kingdom coming on this earth. Forgive me for my fleshy desires for my shortsightedness and pull me into your presence this morning, that I might enjoy your still small voice, and sing of your love with mine.
Till Next Blog ~
love, a.
(ps ~ today I am linking w/ my good friend Emily's blog, see below <3 )

I have this pretty uncanny ability to wake up RIGHT at my alarm ... I'm not talking in the general vicinity of when it goes off, by 5 or 10 mins ... this morning, I literally woke up walked to my phone and my alarm went off, that's like 30 seconds early. So, you would think the morning is off to a good start.
I worked out and thought about sitting on my couch with my warm and fuzzy latte in hand and got to the fridge, only to realize that my darling husband had used all the milk. This is not a big deal (or it shouldn't be) but we actually really had no real food anyways, no eggs, not even a bun or toast, so my breakfast hiatus from my day was thwarted. Never fear, I can get food at work - no biggie.
So, work is work. I drive, I arrive. It's corporate, and now, thanks to our inter-office move, ridiculously quiet. And it's good, none of these things are annoying or wrong, but for some reason, I just feel it today. I feel annoyed at the smallest of things. I feel off balance to my inner-amy. And here is where HE enters.
He tells me:
23 The fear of the LORD leads to life:
Then one rests content, untouched by trouble. (Proverbs 19)
And it hits me ~ I am not resting content, I am troubled, but stupid and pretty minor things. I am not realizing the gift that this day is. The fact that I can rise and breathe, and move my limbs. Enjoy fruit and water. Wash myself.
Dear Lord, wake me up and rub my eyes, that I might see how good you are, and fear that you have created everything. The big and the small, for all these things are under your hands. Thank you that you have given me breath and life today. How can I live in your will and be a part of your kingdom coming on this earth. Forgive me for my fleshy desires for my shortsightedness and pull me into your presence this morning, that I might enjoy your still small voice, and sing of your love with mine.
Till Next Blog ~
love, a.
(ps ~ today I am linking w/ my good friend Emily's blog, see below <3 )

Comments