And so life goes ...

I got sick right on Jay's 38th birthday =(  it was super sucky, we had a great dinner party planned w/ friends and I literally got sick RIGHT on Saturday, had to call everyone to cancel and have spent the last 5 days miserable with fever, cough, and a big ol' block of boogers in my head.
Went to the doctor yesterday and got antibiotics (which i usually try to stay away from, I'm not really into pills) but I knew that something bigger had me this time, turns out I have a sinus infection that is moving into my throat (nice, for me, a singer) so just been taking it easy.  I have taken all three days off work too, just been lounging about and napping. I tell you, it is NOT easy for me to do nothing (lol). I have a really hard time sitting still and just being.  This time has made me realize that forsure.

Other than the immediate, work has been VERY stressful (one of the reasons I think I actually got sick in the first place) I actually had a breakdown last week -- first time EVER at JC. It was a combination of super stress and PMS (pretty sure) but I broke and began to cry and swear in my office (no I am not proud, just being honest).  But soon recovered -- I have to say, I think my days there are indeed numbered. Not because I think I will get fired, but just because it is becoming even MORE corporate and focused on the almighty dollar and I'm just not sure I can get behind the mission and personality of the company really.  So will be doing alot of thinking and praying.

Also, quick update on the album, which is IN PRODUCTION as I type =)  This makes me smile and I am SO looking forward to it being complete. The disc's themselves should ship to us on the 5th of July ... so maybe have them by that Friday? Who knows, but man, it's the ending and the beginning of something fantastic and long awaited!

I will also be attempting to do 2 HUGE Personal things coming up (as soon as I get nursed back to relative health).  Jay and I (cross my fingers) will be doing a fast for 21 days (!) it's called the Daniel Fast, and basically, it's a completely vegan diet, combined with daily reading and study in the word. Starving the flesh and feeding the spirit =)  I am really looking forward to that!  I'm also kind of scared ... there are certain things that I want to be praying about and I'm anxious to feel close to the Lord, been feeling kind of far lately.

Second thing -- I'm going to do P90X (!!) I will prob. blog about this AND the fast deal pretty regularly, since both require journaling.  But if you havent' heard about it, P90X is this hardcore workout that is supposed to get you in beach-body (esque) shape in 90 days ... I'm just more interested in seeing if it can bust me through some plateaus in my workout stuff, tho now that I've been sick, I'm not sure that's a valid point, haha, but I'm looking forward to it, it's going to be hard.  I'm more interested if I can be disciplined enough to do complete both these things ... guess we'll find out.

So, prayers for health would be appreciated for both Jay and I, and for our marriage. We haven't really had good quality times together lately, since with my mom visit and then sick and such -- just miss spending time with my man =)

Speaking of my mom visit -- I had my good friend Kristin take some shots of my mom and brother (cause oh, yah, they both visited for about a week in mid June -- which was fantastic!)  saying goodbye to my mom was really hard this time round ... not sure why.  and my baby bro is ALL grown up (as you can see!!) We look forward to visiting with the Huzil family at the beginning of August.


So, happy Fourth (if you are South of the Border) and Happy Canada Day to my family and friends in the North!!! Love you all!
Till next blog ~
love, a.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010