My journey continues ...
I started the Daniel Fast last week. I felt that the Lord was calling me to this for a while, but it's such a pain, lol, it took me a while to commit ... after Murray left and after having Mexican food for a solid five days, I was ready to clean out my body and center my soul and mind upon what the Lord had for me.
It also turned out that the day I began was the first day of Lent (!) How coincidental, ha! So I am certain that this is my season to seek, praise and learn about what it's like to just BE in His presence. (Sidebar, I am not doing the Fast for 40 days, lol, just the normal 21)
I wasnt' sure exactly what I should be praying about in the beginning, but I really feel so strongly that Jay and I are in such a new season, that I am focusing my prayers around that.
Yesterday the Lord hit me. I've been reading and praying in the morning and journalling like usual, but this time going through the Daniel Fast book that I have, so each day is a bit different and you kind of jump around the bible, but read specific scriptures regarding a theme. Yesterday's scripture was from Nehemiah, which, admittedly, I don't think I've ever read. But yesterday, it was like instant download.
Even before I began reading, I began writing — which is pictured above because I didn't want to forget it ;) And I'm reminded was was spoken over me, YEARS ago now, (in a Tim Hortons of all places). I read and thought about Nehemiah, and what a huge job building that wall must have felt like, yet he persisted, he prepared, he equipped the men to build and repair. He was given favor from the King and he praised the Lord through it all.
I prayed yesterday like Nehemiah prayed, "“Now strengthen my hands.” ... sometimes it's easy to get discouraged, easy to lose our focus or our way. But the Lord is faithful. And I was watching a sermon the other day by Bill Johnson and he was saying that so often, we pray for things we already have. Like "Lord, I ask that you would be with me now". He NEVER leaves his children or forsakes us, so that very prayer becomes something that shows that we don't trust His promises. This hit me like a tone of bricks. I don't want my prayer life to be empty.
I don't want to limit my God.
Anyways, just sharing =) Sorry, this post is a bit disorganized ... thank you for reading!
Till Next Blog ~ love a.
It also turned out that the day I began was the first day of Lent (!) How coincidental, ha! So I am certain that this is my season to seek, praise and learn about what it's like to just BE in His presence. (Sidebar, I am not doing the Fast for 40 days, lol, just the normal 21)
I wasnt' sure exactly what I should be praying about in the beginning, but I really feel so strongly that Jay and I are in such a new season, that I am focusing my prayers around that.
Yesterday the Lord hit me. I've been reading and praying in the morning and journalling like usual, but this time going through the Daniel Fast book that I have, so each day is a bit different and you kind of jump around the bible, but read specific scriptures regarding a theme. Yesterday's scripture was from Nehemiah, which, admittedly, I don't think I've ever read. But yesterday, it was like instant download.
Even before I began reading, I began writing — which is pictured above because I didn't want to forget it ;) And I'm reminded was was spoken over me, YEARS ago now, (in a Tim Hortons of all places). I read and thought about Nehemiah, and what a huge job building that wall must have felt like, yet he persisted, he prepared, he equipped the men to build and repair. He was given favor from the King and he praised the Lord through it all.
I prayed yesterday like Nehemiah prayed, "“Now strengthen my hands.” ... sometimes it's easy to get discouraged, easy to lose our focus or our way. But the Lord is faithful. And I was watching a sermon the other day by Bill Johnson and he was saying that so often, we pray for things we already have. Like "Lord, I ask that you would be with me now". He NEVER leaves his children or forsakes us, so that very prayer becomes something that shows that we don't trust His promises. This hit me like a tone of bricks. I don't want my prayer life to be empty.
I don't want to limit my God.
Anyways, just sharing =) Sorry, this post is a bit disorganized ... thank you for reading!
Till Next Blog ~ love a.
Comments