Ducks and Whidbey Island...

So, as our stay here in Washington state comes to an end (I will miss Smith, but NOT the cold wet ... ) we spent our day 'sight-seeing' the Puget sound. Smith graciously took us on the ferry over the water (my first time on a ferry btw) and we docked and bused around the island, Smith's old home.

We visited a little town called Langley (not like in B.C. but spelled the same) -- totally picturesque -- it seriously looked like the little 'American' coastal town in the movies, with the little historic stores of Antiques that smell of must and 'old spirits' and then the new additions, ice cream parlours (I was freezing the whole time btw 2) I bought a "Chocolate Flower" candle, which TOTALLY smells like chocolate, and I found some amazing artwork (the whole town I guess is know for it's artsy-fartsyness, it's also known for it's high gay population but whatever....)
Anywhoo, it was wonderful, allbeit cold, and we rode the ferry back in the dark and headed home.
We will be out on the road again tomorrow, hoping to make it across Washington and Oregon and land in the evening in Northern California (just across the border most likely) so for those who pray -- please do, for our safety while travelling. The trip has so far been wonderful, but in a strange way, also noticably empty, having spent so much time with families and people who don't even believe in God, it's a weird sensation to not be able to share as much as you'd like, but to just silently reach out.


In a sidebar -- Smith lives with 2 roomates, one, a teacher from Oregon, and the other an older 'thrill-seeker' type (like 40 something, but totally young at heart and climbs mountains and water-skiis and stuff). This dude, has (get this) PET DUCKS!!! Which I have TOTALLY fallen in LOVE with! Thier awesome! they don't fly away, they just hang out in the backyard and sleep and look for worms, and quack! ... their amazing, and perfect pets for this climate. Now I can say I'm almost torn between the ducks or a bulldog ... I guess we'll see ... anyways, from here on out, it's adventure I guess.

Love- A.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i want pet ducks too! how fun! except i'm scared of their beaks lol. you look so beautiful and etheral in these pics... em.

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010