The Home Stretch ...

So, today was our last day of hard core driving into our 'promised land' called San Diego.
We started the day in Gilroy, and immediately got lost trying to find our hi-way, however, we made it to the 152 which took us over a small mountain pass to intersect with the I5. And then we drove ... and drove... and drove... (Jay's dad: you were right, California does sort of look like Sask....) and when it seemed like we could drive no more... about 90 miles outside of Los Angeles there were mountains, and all of a sudden, four more lanes of traffic, and it was scenic, and fast and non-stop through to L.A. and beyond.

(Downtown L.A. skyline)
We made it into San Diego County around 5pm and we thought we were doing really good till we proceeded to get lost (again) trying to find our 'home' (which will be our home for the next little while). It took us 40 mins and a phone call (just one) to get to our destination and now we are here.
Our hosts are wonderful (I cannot stress that enough) and when we arrived and saw thier house I pretty much felt like crying (in a happy, thankful way, definetly not the other kind). When morning comes I'll be able to tell more what the neighborhood and the house is like, but let's just say for now that I feel really that God is blessing us in this time, because our stay here feels like we've walked into an absolute castle.

(Sunset over the Pacific Ocean, headed towards San Diego)

Sorry the photos are just the road,... till tomorrow =) A.

Comments

Anonymous said…
it was so good to chat today, and i praise God along with you that he's paving your path.

Popular posts from this blog

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Hope and Beyond