There are times when there truly is a "hush" in the world
when the night is soaked in silence
the stillness steeped in comfortable quiet
Tonight is just that
The sky that warm dark amber-grey hue that whispers of winter snow
just on the doorstep, soon snow will start falling I'm sure
feathering down from their frosty heaven
to plant on planet earth
God's little messengers sent to our terrestrial ball
covering our ground and hugging the dirt in humble humidity
Tonight is one week from our last night here
One week till our last sleep in this 'house' that is no longer a 'home'
all of our things piled and packed on our living room floor
every possesion in it's place
it's been hard for me to give-up my hold on some of my 'things'
been hard to throw away stuff, lock stuff up,
all these things, bearing memories gone mouldy,
but I am deciding today
to start to get excited,
to start to think of what will come
(and it will)
and I just sit back and think of how thankful I am that God has placed us in this 'exile'
to come from
and as we journey into our new 'promised land'
may we never forget these years of captivity
and as I sit here,
in the quiet, I am content
and I know that I am in His will
and the snow will fall,
and we will drive....
when the night is soaked in silence
the stillness steeped in comfortable quiet
Tonight is just that
The sky that warm dark amber-grey hue that whispers of winter snow
just on the doorstep, soon snow will start falling I'm sure
feathering down from their frosty heaven
to plant on planet earth
God's little messengers sent to our terrestrial ball
covering our ground and hugging the dirt in humble humidity
Tonight is one week from our last night here
One week till our last sleep in this 'house' that is no longer a 'home'
all of our things piled and packed on our living room floor
every possesion in it's place
it's been hard for me to give-up my hold on some of my 'things'
been hard to throw away stuff, lock stuff up,
all these things, bearing memories gone mouldy,
but I am deciding today
to start to get excited,
to start to think of what will come
(and it will)
and I just sit back and think of how thankful I am that God has placed us in this 'exile'
to come from
and as we journey into our new 'promised land'
may we never forget these years of captivity
and as I sit here,
in the quiet, I am content
and I know that I am in His will
and the snow will fall,
and we will drive....
Comments