WONDERFUL WASHINGTON!
(sidebar) hey, em, doesn't that totally sound like a LLN 'retreats and getaways title - heehee

anyways, we arrived in Everett early yesterday morning with only one 'almost' wrong turn, otherwise, directions were great! (thank you Jason!) We're staying with Jason Smith, Jay's old college buddy, in this really cool, older house, in a beautiful part of the city. Everett is pretty small I guess, but everything to me seems inflated...tonnes of stores, tonnes of cars and people, even the trees are HUGE (and beautiful).

We toured around Everett a little yesterday and drove to the ferry dock that travels commuters to Whidby Island (was beautiful, but a little chilly) I now have FULL comprehension of the 'cold wet, I'm never feeling warm' feeling that all my sister's (inlaws) talked about in Vancouver.


Then we took a loooong rush hour drive (bless Smith's heart) to downtown Seattle, where we went to this crazy market, it's supposedly the largest, longest standing outdoor market in North America, called Pike Peir, its a tourist trap now, but consists of this crazy maze of levels of stores and vendors and musicians filling the echoing halls with fiddle/harmonica folkish tunes.


We went for dinner there as well and then headed back to Everett on the I5, the traffic was what Smith calls 'light'.

Today is American Thanksgiving -- a HUGE deal here, so It will be my first and I'm looking forward to it. We'll be spending it with Smith's family, so I hope they don't mind the Canuck company... Happy Thanksgiving Momma Huzil!

Comments

Anonymous said…
i am loving this trip! and so jealous you got to stay by the ocean in a cool house! what a fun adventure you're on... thanks so much for updating me ammee. i hope you have a wonderful holiday! em.

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010