People, Puppies & Planing (a trip)
Could you say No to this face?This week has been a busy one -- I think this week has been one of the more 'social' ones Jay and I have ever had. On Wed. eve. we were invited for supper by our pastor Chad and his wife Nicole, with another new couple from our church (their first weekend was this last Sunday, they sat beside us). It was a really good time -- of just getting to know each other and learning about others lives.
Chad and Nicole are REALLY neat people, totally love God, and they really live what they teach. They have two children, one is a foster child -- they just display the love of God in how they are, I am really encouraged by them.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The new couple moved down from L.A. for school and a job opp. and we really connected with them. They invited us over afterwards (just Jay and I) to see their home, very quaint. I guess I should give them their names!! Laura and Andy have re-located to San Diego for Andy to go to school and Laura has a job here as UCSD (University) Andy is an AMAZING photographer (he is now studying photo-journalism, but his photos are wild) we've already asked him to do our Band photos, when we get one again! And Laura is a sweet, quiet girl, originally from Ohio. AND (in case you noticed the VERY first photo, how could you not!) they have the BEST puppie ever!! (well, not the BEST puppie ever, but pretty close). The cutest little wiener puppie, just 3months old, that was just an absolute ball of puppie energy, it even piddled little puppie piddles when we first saw it (those who have puppies, understand this so well, and in fact, some dogs just never stop...but anyways...) Wed. was a really neat time.
Thursday we went for Sushi (yep, I ate Sushi, and totally Dug it) and had warm (sounds like 'Sockie' but I'm sure it's spelled different) with a guy named Werner, pretty cool dude, he works for the same place that Jay may be getting a job for, but we're still waiting... Again, the food and company was great.
Today (is Friday) we'll be heading up towards Anaheim to take in the NAMM show, courtesy Mhyres' Music (thank you thank you!!!) and check out the wild and crazies there...and hopefully connect with our old friend Norm Stockton (he'll be at a booth) I am really excited! We'll take lots of pictures, so y'all know how it went. Then we may trip up towards L.A. and check out some sights, although driving there is insane, so we may take it easy =) . The show runs through Sunday, so if we can stay there the weekend we will, the drive is about 2 hours, so to come back is a little of a haul...but we'll have to check things out...
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Love, A.
Comments