Welcome 2 apt. 3K
Today was move-in day for us at Point Loma Towers., and oh my goodness -- I can actually UN-pack!!!!!!!!!
We stuffed all of our possessions (they could still fit into one vehicle!) into a station wagon and headed to the coast in the morning. The move was easy enough -- the building is only 3 stories high, so we used the stairs for the most part. It was nice to finally get things into place and begin to make the 'hole in the wall' a home.
This is our little cute as a button kitchen...
Our cute as a button bathroom...and husband...We went grocery shopping later at the neighborhood 'Ralphs' (which I still think is a hilarious name for a food store...considering 'RALPH' is used in Canada to refer too...well, nevermind, you get it...) anyways, after getting some needed 'home supplies' we had a quick supper and went to Costco courtesty of the Contratto's (the family that had us over for New Years -- which, by the way was great, a wonderful time, we got to talk to a Marine Chaplin, he was incredibly knowledgable) and we bought a mattress -- the best darn mattress every! (I'm not biased, really)
So, now we just have to settle in. We will be getting our couch delivered later this week, and we'll also be judging a debate tournament this weekend, of which Jesse Hayes will be competing (the teenage son of the Hayes family, we were staying with in North County).
As I look back on the month, spent in semi-limbo, I can only say I have been blessed, I can see the hand of God more clearly every day. We checked out a church this last Sunday that was so incredibly cool, the pastor actually mentioned us in the middle of his sermon (not that that's what makes it cool, ofcourse!) -- the congregation is all around our age, and everyone was so nice, I really was floored -- we'll be going again this next weekend and really checking out to see whether this will be somewhere we want to go for good. But for certain, it's been a packed last couple days.

So we have a bed, we have a home, I am feeling like life is almost partially normal again....I wonder how long it will last.... =)
Comments