The Beach

It's pouring down rain today (Monday)
Today is actually the REAL Presidents Day (my mistake on last Monday). In the United States they celebrate 2 Presidents Birthdays, one week apart, I guess if you're a school teacher or government worker, you get both off. Usually though, it's just today.

The weekend was fabulous. I keep consistently feeling like I'm on vacation here, as all the surroundings seem too good to be true.

Jay and I made our way to the beach on Saturday, not sure what the day would be like weather wise, but brave nonetheless I donned a bikini top and shorts. The day ended up being spectacular, we hung out in Mission Bay Park, the touristy beach all day.

We had lunch at this total little 'beach/biker bar', complete with a steady diet of Hendrix, George Thourogood and Ozzy, while we had one of the best BLT sandwiches ever. (Tomatoes like, 1" thick!)
We got a little sun-kissed, and decided that we need to invest in sunscreen if we can get pink in February.
Sunday was our day of rest, we did church and then just chilled out at home, and spent some time with our friend Werner in the evening.
Despite the rain and stormy weather today (we're supposed to get thundershowers) this place truly does seem blessed. I look around and it's still hard to imagine I actually live here. Hopefully we'll be able to stay and do what we're called here to do. It may be harder to find musicians than we had originally thought, but God can bring anything together. And I will wait for the Lord.




(My 'sculpture in the sand' -- don't ask me what is going on on his head, I just really don't know... )


Peace -- a.

Comments

i'm loving the scultpure :) and i'm loving that you're enjoying your time there. keep soaking up the rays and waiting upon the Lord... he will definitely reward you sweetie. love you bunches, em.

Popular posts from this blog

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Hope and Beyond