God Makes Something from Nothing
I was sitting here this morning, pondering the giant pummello grapefruit that Jay and I bought the other day. It's the largest citrus fruit I have ever seen. It's seriously the size of a canteloupe, and yet its a grapefruit -- it smells like gentle citrus, fresh and clean, like you could drink in the scent all day and not get tired of it -- and it came from nothing.Oh, you may say, but it came from a seed.
I guess it did, but where did the seed come from? another plant.
Where did the plant come from? A seed, and so on it goes ... so where did the seed come from?
Not nothing.
I believe that the seed comes from God.
And only God can make something (everything we see) from nothing.
See, mankind, we create things, and make things, but we always have to start with something. We need materials, motivation, longing and desire.
But God gives us the desires of our hearts -- something, from nothing
I have found, and will continue to find, that God does what He does best, consistently.
He takes nothing, voidness, hopelessness, vacuums of desolation, and creates something. It starts unseen, little seeds of light, or peace, or matter, (like a grapefruit) and He turns it into something we can see, smell, enjoy and ultimately praise Him for.
He is a genius of taking what we cannot see and blessing us with the unexpected surprise of something that we can understand.Darkness to Light
Something from Nothing
Comments
God does take nothing, and he turns it into something beautiful!
~r