A 'Little' of Everything ...
(this photo taken last night outside our apt. bldg.)[A Prequel] It is encouraging to be with friends, and to hear from those who just want to share their hearts and words of wisdom -- So I thank those who do, from my very heart =)
---------------------------------
I thought I should post seems as I've been 'lazy' as of late. I started sort of a new position of sorts with the paper that I work for in Canada (Living Light News). It's very challenging -- in more ways than one. It's an "Associate Editor" position, which sounds FANTASTIC! (Doesn't it?) But it's really pushing me. Aside from the usual feelings of being overworked (somewhat) , I have been feeling overwhelmed and TOTALLY pushed over the edges of my comfort zone ... which is not hard to do.
I'm totally one of those people who just like to be "protected" from the world (which is silly I realize). I like to put on this great front, but in reality I really DISLIKE having to call people I don't know, and explain something to them and 'sell' them on a story, or who I am, and I've just been feeling like a total TOOL when I call some places and the person on the other end just sounds like they've rolled out of Bed and could care less whether I hung up the phone or started singing a doo-whop song on the other line, let alone listen to what I'm going to say ... (I'm just ranting now for the sake of doing so because it relieves stress =))
There are parts of the job that I think I will absolutely love, I'm just not there yet, it's a learning curve ... and (I write this with hope in my heart) there is a part of me that is excited to get alittle more into 'writing' as opposed to graphics, although my heart will always be there, I do feel like this is the next step, and God's all about pushing us to grow, so I'm all for that ...
My heart lately (this past week) has been all about surrender, I've just been feeling that, surrender to God's plan, God's heart, God's will, and his teaching/correction for me, that's kind of a strange place to be too, but God keeps encouraging me (through his spirit and people) along the way.
-------------------------------------
This weekend will be filled with Flag Football (the San Diego Church is having it's own "Soup Bowl" in honour of the Super Bowl this Sunday...we'll be going to Ski Beach, playing ball, and serving soup to people, should be pretty cool, it'll be a blog...) and we've been asked to do worship again this Sunday, so I am looking forward to just soaking in God's presence. (Hopefully no 5.5 hour practice tonight) =)
Last night we went out with our friends Laura and Andy -- they're so great =)(Andy is the 'strange' looking man in the foreground...)
-- we went to Little Italy and had Authentic Italian Pizza in this crazy restaurant that looks like a store from the outside (and inside) but the restaurant's in the the back, and totally 'Italian'. It's like this crazy little hidden gem ... We had some good food and great talks.

(This is all of us, crammed into Andy's 1995 Talon -- I think Jay is the only one who looks 'cool' ... but we had fun taking the photo -- took us seriously 4 trys to get us all in the pic)Till next blog -- A.
Comments