Soup and Bowls
Today we ventured to a park in Mission Bay (very close to our house) to a place called Ski Beach on Vacation Island (funny hey?)Where all the fine folks from SanDiegochuch got together to play their own 'Soup'er Bowl' of sorts.The Game: Flag Football
The Soup: (I brought mushroom and tomato ... condensed)
The Point? A canned soup drive coupled with some friendly football = Bowls of Fun =)

It was a good day, Jay and I actually got some sun on our faces (Jay got sun on his head.)
I did PLAY Flag foot ball! Can you believe it? Jay didn't but I stepped up to the plate! All the while hoping that I wouldn't get injured since we don't have any insurance here... (I did escape with no major catastrophe's, a couple bruises...but no catastrophes')

I was on Pastor Chad's team "Chuck Norris' Beard" (See designer T-Shirt) The name was his idea...I don't think we won... although near the end of the tournament, we were playing sudden death overtime, and I was beginning to be able to relate to the hockey players who have to do the shoot outs over and over and over again, just hoping after a while that SOMEONE would just win already.

I got to shoot some crazy photos with the camera of my dreams. (Courtesy our friend Andy). And after it all, Jay and I had some supper @ Chilis and headed home to relax (for the first time) in our own little outdoor hot tub. Still feels like I'm on vacation somewhere wonderful, just waiting for it to end, but it doesn't. We're pretty tired out, tomorrow is the Super Bowl, and we'll finally get to see all the funny commercials that we don't get in Canada. YAY!
Till next blog =) A.

(These are the friendly palms that encircle the hot tub)
Comments