Clothing Tags, Tide Pools and Taking a Breather

K Dude, busy is my middle name, soon to be followed by overwhelmed and under-relaxed.

I need to post some pics from the weekend, because it was FAB! Shopping was excellent, and I scored some great goods, I spent the $50 I got for my birthday from the Huzil clan at my favourite store "Closet" and spent my time with my friend Laura, such a sweetheart.

(Laura and I @ Nordstrom "RACK", aka, busy as heck -- the line up was seriously like 50 feet long, but the wait was short, so that was good)

(Sad state of union)

Sunday, Jay and I ventured to the coast after church, where it was low tide and there were pools of crabs and a landscape we've never seen before, because it's usually covered with water. It was really neat to see the micro-habitats of so many little wee creatures, all God's glory.
(Jay on the rocks)

Weird things, I have no idea what they are, but they were everywhere


Super cute crab! LOVE him.

This week has been so busy for me, I can barely seem to think. I've been working loooooooong hours and that seems like that's it. I feel like soon it's time to take a breather and just chill out for a day or two ... I've been preparing for my bid for the county work this week, which has been stressful, as well as putting the paper (LLN) to bed (my first go-round as editor and graphics chickadee) and doing everything else I do.

I need to remember to relax, I've been writing every morning before I start my day the last couple weeks, it's been a great adventure, a time for me to explore myself and get close to God and just quiet myself, without it, I think I would be having issues of my own =)


(j
On Monday we took a drive out with Werner to watch the Sun slip into the Pacific, it was kind of cloudy, but cool breath-taking nonetheless. Sometimes I look out at the ocean at sunset, and it looks ethereal, like it's glowing it's last bit of breathe before sinking into a deep dark silent sleep. A calm before the next morning storm of life and movement and memories.

Till next blog

A.

Comments

hi sweetie, it was so good to talk today. i love how you capture everything in photos -- it really means a lot to be able to peek into your californian life :) so glad you had fun shopping. when i come visit, you'll have to take me to that shop! make sure to keep carving out niches of peace for yoursrelf... times of relaxation. so crucial for the soul. love em.
Rachel said…
I love that -- the calm before the next morning storm of life. It's so calming and reassuring to know that God, who makes the world turn, has everything slow down and rest for the night; preparing us all for the next day of swirling activity.

May God bless your activity, and may you find rest in the busy-ness.

r

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010