A not-so-random thought
When you are walking on the street, or about your day, even in the grocery store -- when you interact with people, when you say 'thanks' as you hurry about, wondering what's for supper or if you've gotten any new emails ... Do you look people in the eye?
(yes, it is my eye ball)
I'm not talking about looking at someones face, or hands, or what they're wearing, or the earrings in their ears. Do you take the time to look directly into someones eyes -- look at the person within standing in front or beside you?
I don't -- nearly often enough, and when I do think to really check that person out, they are not usually looking back at me. Their eyes usually focused down, or on whatever they're doing, too busy, too scared, too tired maybe to look into someone else's soul and care for just one moment in their day -- too busy, just like I have been.
The weekend is almost here, I will be shopping (Yay!) with my friend Laura, a very sweet girl, we'll have some good 'girl time'. I hope I remember to look into the eyes of even one person, legitimately for one moment.
I think it's in those moments that we become, for a fraction of a second, like the one who created us. When we do, we care and love those, for whom His heart breaks for. We become a genuine friend to someone who He wants us to truly admire, or help, or listen to. And our eyes are opened.
Comments