CityScene

The city sky line is pretty visible when you're posed on the roof of a building.

We spent Sunday evening at Andy and Laura's new place, they have a dramatic roof top deck that we all trekked up to after dinner to check out the skyline. Their new apartment is pretty cool, it's located in the East Village of downtown S.D. It's in an area of the city that is in the middle of being 'revitalized' from basically Inner city to Yuppie/Metro sexual ville. I think it's a common thing that's been going on in the states and big cities for awhile and Canada is trying to catch up.



I find San Diego really familiar to Edmonton in some of those ways, San Diego, although it's located in Southern California, in alot of ways has remained sort of 'innocent' of alot of Urban-Americanization in some ways, don't get me wrong, it's a huge city, with all the craze and haze of urban America, but there is alot of peace, silence and bits of strange paradise amid the cement, there are palms and flowers as big as a baby's face. In contrast to places like L.A. the difference is so apparent.

So, here's to lights, the burgundy skies of the S.D. night. I still prefer the ocean blue, any day, it's the only thing that keeps me loving being here. I miss you all.



till next blog. a.

Comments

miss u 2 amy. thanks for sharing... how's work coming along?
Rachel said…
I'm so glad that you can find sparks of beauty and peace everywhere. God is faithful to help us when we are weak, tired and down...

The city skyline at night is beautiful, too. I love the lights...

Rachel

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010