A good San Diego Day

So, it is a Wednesday; I have some chocolate chip cookies in the oven, the weather was warm and totally sunny all day. It was a pretty decent San Diego day.

Jay got to spend the day at the Buffalo Bros. shop with the guy who hired him -- a 55 year old surfer dude who founded a Magazine and is now a freelance photographer and contributor, not to mention he's the general manager of the store. He has an amazing camera, (which I am jealous of ... but whatever). perhaps I'll get to meet him one day. Jay had a good day.

Jay gave me my "anniversary present" today, because it came in the mail through amazon, and when I first saw the box I was getting ready to be mad, cause I though Jay had bought a game. But it was for me -- my very own little iPod shuffle. This crazy little small green thing that holds 215 of my favorite (or randomly selected) songs. Pretty cool. I'm still trying to get over how incredibly tiny it is! And I totally want to go down to our exercise room tomorrow and try it out. Or maybe I'll go jogging -- I can't even fathom jogging without a CD skipping incessantly! it's going to be fab!

So, it was a good day. The last week was weird and difficult (homesick, some family issues and some trials) so I felt like today was a sweet breather. A gentle release from stress and frustration. A calm, midst the storm of life, the rain showers of San Diego...which I guess are pretty much over for the season.

My season, is just beginning.



till next blog. a.

(On Monday night we went to a coastal reserve, snuggled amid some rich ass houses ... which was a slight bit depressing, but the view was breath-taking, we were literally on a cliff hundreds of feet above the beach and ocean below, at sunset)



(that is a house on the cliff -- yep, it's ONE house)

Comments

Rachel said…
isn't God wonderful?! He encourages us with just the right stuff at exactly the right time.

I'm glad that yesterday was a good breather for you.

have fun with the no-skip-jogging!!

r
i'm so glad you had a good day darlin :) have you received my package yet? love em.

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010