The Weekend of 'Firsts'
So, the weekend has been a busy one. We said goodbye to Jay's sisters on Thursday and were promptly thrown back into our lives, but the weekend has truly been a blessed one, and one I will not soon forget.(photo from left to right: Dave, Lesley, myself and Evan, Jay is behind Evan ... you can't see him)Friday we had the first three30 (three-thirty). Our worship night with our church. Picture about 30 or so people gathered in a little classroom in a neighborhood church to worship God with all our hearts. It was such a cool night. My heart was strengthened and encouraged. I have to admit, I have never experienced 'Christian Family' (for lack of a better word) than right where we are here. I don't know why that is, I couldn't say, because in Canada we have such amazing friends, but here, with the musicians that we play with now, week after week, i feel so bonded to them, they seriously feel like my brothers.
Saturday Jay went Surfing for the first time!! I sat on the beach and 'tanned' (aka burned...) in the beautiful sun, while Jay attempted to catch some waves, he did pretty well for his first time out, and we were all SUPER beat at the end of the day (although Jay and Werner had a WAY better reason to be beat than I did!).

Saturday night we got to see the Sea World Fireworks for the first time!! They were pretty cool, at first we thought it could be a car back-firing or something, but the lights in the sky were fireworks and we enjoyed the light show from our couch.Today, we went for Mexican with Laura and Andy and I am preparing myself for the week ahead. Work is always busy. I'm hoping to find out whether I got the contract for Strathcona County stuff, and Jay will be starting his NEW fantastic job at 'Old Time Music' (the Buffalo Bros. sister store) he's excited as he gets to build his very own work/repair station, and he'll get to go to Taylor to get 'Taylor Certified' (an interesting full circle moment -- since Jay had applied to Taylor and they wouldn't hire him, now we can chuckle and gratefully say 'Thank you God!' and then laugh at the Taylor people, no, I'm just kidding, sort of...)
God is so good. He allows us to relax when we need it, and holds us when we don't realize.
Till Next Blog -- a.
Comments
well, it sounds like you and jay are 'home.' this is wonderful. i didn't realize jay had quit his other job, but i'm glad he finally has one he loves. keep me posted on your work situation... i'm praying for you babe. love em.