The begining of my amazing race....
So, this week has been, insane (Tues.), stressful (Wed.), burnt-out (Thurs.), finally playing catchup (Fri), then, totally relaxing (yes, the weekend).--------
I am flying to Montreal on the 17th of May (that's a Thursday), my flight leaves at 6:45 in the morning, I should arrive in the BIG "Mnt" around supper time. I do have a family to stay with, which is SUCH and incredible God send. Friends we met when we were first here in San Diego. My actual VISA interview is on the 24th (9:30 am). I need to arrive there early because I need the immigrant medical at least 3 days before the interview. So, the whole ordeal has turned into a 10 day adventure. Which I am ALMOST starting to look forward to. if things go as planned I'll be flying home on the 26th. So please, please pray for me, and the whole trip. I am nervous, scared and excited and thankful all at the same time, and I know your prayers make a difference! I'll be blogging like crazy I'm sure too, as I've never been to Montreal, so that should be really cool.
Another development in the San Diegan Huzil household, some of you may know, our building is renovating, so everyone must be gone by the end of May, well, that of course, includes us. Even though we signed a lease until July, the powers that be, want to move us into a suite, on the other side of the building that looks at a beautiful retaining wall ... not my idea of a view ... the deal is we must be out by May 30th, so we've decided to move into a good friend of ours house, with another guy from our church. It'll actually be pretty cool I think. The house is just up the interstate from us, perched on the top of a small Cali-mountain. We can see the 805 (a major interstate here) and we look at a church. There will be four of us in living in the house, and the owner, our friend Werner, has two kids that come to stay every second weekend, but I am totally looking forward to the adventure, and the community that the house will bring. Jay and I are both really comfortable with the decision, I feel like it's a total God thing, not to mention our rent will be like, half of what we could potentially be paying.


This is Andy, showing off the San Diego cityscape.

(perhaps one the last few nights we'll enjoy the Sea World Fireworks)Aside from all the chaos, I did spend a lovely weekend with Andy and Laura on Saturday. We celebrated Laura's birthday at a beautiful bay front restaurant on Coronado Island, and just walked around and chilled out. and Jay and I went to the beach today, and soaked the amazing raze of the sun.
I will keep y'all posted on the Montreal stuff. God Bless! Love you!
a.
Comments