Crashing into ... Montreal?

I have arrived!!! so, here is the delightful tale of my ten days in Montreal! I must admit, this post will be short, because I am sooo incredibly tired (early flight plus hardly any sleep) so it may seem alittle off kilter too, I apoligize.This is a test
The flights were decent. Lots of turbulance on the first, who woulda thunk that clouds could be bumpy?? I arrived at the airport at 4:30 am (see first, amazing photo) and boarded the first flight (connection in Philly) at 6:15. I was scared and nervous as the plane took off, but I got used to it. There is something so incredible about seeing the details of the earth from so high, everything seems bigger and smaller, vast and so incredibly complex at the same time. It's a wonder.
The second flight was good, but we circled Montreal a couple times and were delayed for a medical emergency on a different flight. I was sooooo ready to land the freakin plane!
I found Karen and Dave easily after I got out of customs -- and we went to supper at a new Italian restaurant where I had an insane lasagna (the menue was ALL french btw), pretty good, although, it's their first weekend open, so it was a little lukewarm for pasta ... but hey, they are learning.

I was sooo incredibly happy to arrive at my families home and find Hockey Night IN Canada playing ... Kelly Rudy ... Tim Hortons on the corner, Esso Gas stations, where the price is per litre. oh memories! There is french language everywhere here, and plenty of people speak it too, perhaps I'll pick up a phrase or two?? I'm hoping to sleep like a rock tonight, having survived on 2 hours from the night before. Tomorrow I'll go downtown with Karen for my medical, obtain and updated police certificate for the US people, and maybe do some sight seeing.


Thank you all who have been praying and thinking of me, I love you guys!
talk to y'all tomorrow!
Goodevening

Comments

that's quite the lasagna! hope you have a blast...

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010