Planes, Trains ... and Automobiles!

So yesterday was the crazy plane rides, turbulence n'all. Today was travelling the Montreal 'Metro' (the train) to my doctors appointment.
I had an AMAZING sleep, considering the time change, but I was so incredibly pooped yesterday. I awoke around 9:30 here and did some work and headed out with Karen (my gracious host while I am here) downtown to my doctors appointment. Driving here is insane so the transit system is the way to go. They have freeways here, kind of like California, but WAAAY older looking!!! We bused it downtown, past old brick buildings and lots of graffiti and then transferred to the metro -- which is 2 levels of trains screaming past you, busy people waiting to go somewhere, and distraught youth bumming money from you, conveniently in both french and english.
We arrived for my appointment early by 15 mins but didn't get done until 3:30. The wait was really not great, but I was thankful to have someone there who kept me company!


After we were, finally done, we did cruise around downtown just a little. We passed an amazing church right in the middle of downtown, complete with a homeless man sleeping in the doorway.


And we visited a park that had a statue of King Henry the eighth (?) posed with a bunch of other strange metal people. Poor dude had so much pigeon doodoo on his head ... funny they 'immortalize' people in stone, and they just get crapped on by the birds.
We will be driving out to a cottage about 2 hours from here to stay with Dave's aunt over the weekend. Her place borders a beautiful lake and I'm told we'll be helping her plant her garden (which I am COMPLETELY looking forward too!! I won't have Internet, but will connect with everyone again on Tues.
love you all!
Bonsoir!
ammee




Comments

Anonymous said…
ha! you're the tannest (er pinkest) person there!

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010