Tuesday today

Today we headed downtown to the RCMP headquarters for my criminal record check -- which turns out is a slight headache.
You see, in Alberta, we just walked in, they do their thing, and they give you the certificate, in your hands, no sweat.
Well, here (as I was informed) it takes 10 days, and costs $50.

O.K., I can handle this.

Worse comes to worse, I guess the consulate will want to wait for the certificate, although I'm hoping they won't really care (since I have the other one, and this reciept) and I'm able to come back to the states beforehand...I sent the certificate to Werners' house (FYI Werner...) since we'll be living with him when we get back.

It was the only hiccup in the day that was spent shopping the downtown malls.

I purchased a new pair of sunglasses, some cargo pants and a cool top from le chateau (a store we had in Edm., but not in the states). We stopped into the Pepsi Forum, which was the home for the Montreal Canadiens (NHL hockey team) for years before their new home.

We had lunch at this little lebanese fast food joint and got home around 4 p.m.

I feel tired, as I have been every day as the hours go on. I may take a nap, or catch up on some work before supper. I am enjoying it here, but missing San Diego more and more as the days go by, I'm not even thinking about the fact that I may be stuck here even longer, just hopeful that I'll find favour with whoever is interviewing me.

Anyways, Peace and Blessin' all ~ a.

Inside the Pepsi Forum ...




A cool mural featuring Bob Dylan, and some strong guys behind...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Amy! Sounds like you're making the most of your trip, won't it feel terrific to go "home" to California though!! You lucky girl. How's Jay handling his "alone time"? Talk to you soon!!
Olivia
p.s. Do you have my e-mail address?
hey girl... u must be feeling anxious right now. don't worry... God will take care of you sweetie. love u. em.
Anonymous said…
glad to have you coming back home.

hey, there's some rockstar shots on my blog.

Popular posts from this blog

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Hope and Beyond