Freedom

After a week of, utter bizzarement (is that a word?) yesterday we moved (uh, yah, again) OUT of Werners' house and BACK to Point Loma Towers (dif. suite & bldg., same complex).

We are having to wait until our money wire clears @ our bank before we can "officially" move in and have the keys, but our gracious landlords allowed us to move all our stuff in ahead of time because of the situation.

Through the whole week we have had the amazing support of "family" here (aka friends) and people have stood beside us, prayed for us, and encouraged us. What has come out of it all, for me, is a deep sense that no matter what happens in this situation, we are called to be like Christ, in EVERY situation. Not just when times are good and it's easy to love others because they're amazing friends. But to really love those who have insulted, mocked, or harmed you in any way, because Jesus endured on the Cross, all these things and more. (All these thoughts came to me via my boss @ the paper, Jeff -- it was exactly what I needed to hear)

So, it's hard. But there was a bizzare sense of freedom as Jay and I drove over to Laura and Andy's house yesterday afternoon, with our bags packed for the weekend. It was like the last week and a little has been a sort of wacky time-warp and now we've been snapped back into reality.

Jay will be staying here, and possibly at another friends home for the next three days. I will be going north (slightly, about 1 hour) to spend my weekend with a bunch of kids at a Youth Leadership Convention. I'm the "adult facilitator". (which totally makes me laugh inside, cause hey, I really DON'T feel like an adult most of the time!) But the weekend away really makes sense to me, and I DO have my digital camera back in action, so I'll be sure to bring pics.

Till Next blog.
A.

Comments

i really respect your attitude girl. looking forward to the pics! em. (http://canvaschild.wordpress.com)

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010