Disneyland and other Delights
Well, this past week we spent visiting with Jay's parents and sister Keely. We met in Anaheim at Disneyland and spent the day taking it all in...that place is pretty whacked, cool, but whacked. Rides we went on? the Runaway train and Splash Mountain (where we got completely soaked, we sat in the front ... ), Space Mountain (which pretty much made me want to get off), Pirates of the Caribbean (where they had numerous life-like representations of Captain Jack Sparrow), we dined in a little themed restaurant called the Golden Horseshoe (which had a live bluegrass band of all things!) and Jay's dad bought me a tiara, which I wore ~ who says you can't be princess for a day =) The day ended with this "Disney after Dark" deal where they place this crazed music and these lite up floats dance before you, and a fireworks display that I'm sure cost as much as a small island.
(me and my tiara, in front of the fantasy land castle -- sweetness!)
This is taken inside the Pirates ride, can you not tell, Jay and I are thrilled!
We spent the week relaxing with Jay's family. We took them to Coronado island (and almost got lost in the process), La Jolla/Scripps beach on Friday and got a parking ticket!! and on Sunday, the day before they left we went to Balboa park and took in the Dead Sea scrolls exhibit (which was VERY interesting).
It was back to the grind yesterday for me. My goal this week is to work and send my "final" (I'm hoping and praying) paperwork off to the consulate in Montreal. I'm so worried about sending my passport in, I don't even really know why, I mean I kind of do, but this is one of those instances where I'm just so needing to have faith, I've been praying alot about it, it stuns me sometimes how little faith I have (and disappoints me too!!)
Jay and I will most def. be moving to Carlsbad, unless some strange occurrence of events takes place. He was officially transferred there last week, so now his commute is a constant 40mins (at the best) up the I5 and back every day. I know it's a better store for him to be at, so much more opportunity, but I admit I am not in the LEAST excited about up heaving myself again, I think because in someways I still feel like I am "living up heaved" and I don't know when it will end.
AND (on a totally different note) I've had this huge desire to start doing our music, I can't even really explain it, it almost feels irrational, but I just feel so strongly that we have to try, and I keep praying (or trying to remember to pray) that God will give us musicians for the band, but there is nothing yet, and maybe He is telling me to let stuff go, but I feel like that's part of the reason why I came down here in the first place ... anyways, and so my mind races on, like a stupid little train on one of those plastic tracks that goes in a tight circle. I just need to chill out and focus on God and living where I'm at, I know this ~ it's just, HOW to put that into practice =)
Jay let his dad try out his surf board at Scripps, he didn't have any better luck than Jay usually does =)

The Fam. @ La Jolla
This is the biggest tree I have ever seen (aside from the Redwoods in NorCal) this was in Balboa park ...
... And this is the biggest PIE I have ever seen, we celebrated all our birthdays with a HUGE slice at the hotel Sunday

Go Keely!
till next blog ~ a.
Comments
It's so wonderful to keep hearing updates, even though I'm so delinquent with them....
love,
r