Update, and an "UP-DATE"

My step-dad/mom's husband Ed came through his surgery on Friday well, he's breathing on his own and will soon be discharged from the hospital to stay with his Sister for recovery --- I know many people have been praying for us, so thanks sooo much! Means more than you know.

Also, Jay and I should hear back today, we put an application into a little place in Carlsbad, it's called Ocean Street Apt's, and true to the name, it's right beside the ocean. It's really cool, I'm trying NOT to get too excited, just in case, but if we do get approved, it'll be "on the blog" and I'll post some photos and share some more ...

------------------------------


On a different (an more uplifting note) I had my first "crop" of pottery completed on Sunday. For those who don't know, David (who used to work with Jay @ Old Time music, before he got transferred up to Buffalo Bros. in Carlsbad) is my Pottery Teacher. He is a Californian/Los Angeles native, who has been a potter for 30 years. He's an artist, my mentor and a good friend now of ours.

We've made a deal that on Sundays, we go over to his home at about 2 p.m., he teaches me pottery for a couple hours and then him and Jay work on music (he just got the new ProTools rig) for hours, while I am COMPLETELY content to work in his studio, for pretty much the whole time.
It's like this beautiful, giant relaxing space in time, to become absorbed in something completely different than I usually do, but something that you can truly become a part of, because you are literally molding/shaping and embedding your fingerprints into the material.

It's super "Hippy", but I love it!

Comments

Anonymous said…
wow, i just noticed that you gave us the cup in the center! thanks! did you make it?
.a. said…
yes I did! It's pretty rough, I told Laura that as soon as I make better ones, I'll give you another ... I'm on a learning curve you know =)

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010