I FEEL ...
I've been waiting to write about the subject of this particular blog since we've moved here.To quote a classic Carol King song:
"I feel the earth move under my feet"
~ except to be completely accurate, I'd have to say, I felt the earth and our building move under my bum this morning at 7:45 as I sat with Jay drinkin' our coffee's.
We felt our FIRST EARTH QUAKE!!!!!!!!!!!
Really it felt like our building was on poles and was shaking and lightly jerking around us for about 5 sec's ... prob. not even that long, in fact, we actually just thought it was our building moving on it's foundations (settling?), but on the news tonight it was confirmed.
One of the strangest unexpected facts about an earthquake? You can HEAR them coming. Jay and I simply thought an airplane was flying over our house (since we live on the flight path) when we felt the tremor, but later we realized the sound was the vibrations rumbing towards us.
The quake measured 4.2 and was centered off the coast of La Jolla cove out in the ocean. The quake was felt as far away as Riverside (which is inland from L.A.)
It was not a very pleasant experience, and now I have to admit I'm kind of paranoid, every time I feel footsteps or some rumble I'm on edge that it's another one.
Anyways, I guess that's another way that God keeps us all on our toes. And one of the craziest things ~ I was on the Internet today checking out the seismic activity around here, and there are earth quakes ALL the time!! ALL over the world ~ it's so strange to think that this planet is in constant motion, even though we feel like we're standing still.
Some more photos ... of life in San Diego
Jay and I won't be living in this building very much longer ...

Me and Laura relaxing by the pool, Laura is now 6 months pregnant!! weeee =)
Comments
Olivia