Huzil Haps

So, when Jay said to me yesterday:
"so, you've pretty much stopped blogging?" I thought to myself ...

"self...perhaps you should try to make an entry at some point this week .. "

so, here we are =)

I think the reason why I haven't written as of late is because, well, everything is pretty stable, and settled right now, so my brain is calm ... nothing crazy is happening, so there's not too much to write about, but there is if I try =)


I took the train this weekend for the first time into San Diego to spend time with Laura, it was pretty decent. Only 1.5 hours and I'm downtown, and it only costs $6.25 total...which I guess is better, (certainly less stressful!!) than driving! I stayed the night on Sat. and had my pottery lesson on Sunday, which was (always) good ... my only thought with the pottery is I wish I could do it more ... but there will come a day =)

I've mostly been going to the beach ... I've become a certified (unofficially, ofcourse) beachcomber, it's amazing what you can find if you look, and I'm ALWAYS amazed at the details that can be found in a single shell or rock. They're like miniature planets tossed aside, no two are the same.


I've also been having this insane URGE to begin painting again, it's like being here by the ocean has sparked this creative drive in me that I haven't felt in ages...I even decorated my white board. (which is SUPPOSED to be for my work)
I haven't had any paints or anything for serious ALMOST a YEAR!! So Jay took me last Thurs. to an art store and I bought some paints and brushes, no canvas yet though ... I'm lookin' for the masonite but no one seems to have it down here yet, and the canvas's in the stores are HUGE $$ ...
Jay and I (I think) will be trying to find a church soon around here, we've been told/suggested a couple, but I'm not feeling any particular pull to any place, and I don't know what's next for us ... and I'm not worried either.

Oh, one more update!! The U.S. Consulate in Montreal has ALL of my paperwork now, (I had to send them an updated police certificate, which I finally got, and sent) so I believe things are all taken care of ... I'm hoping to get my VISA very soon, as soon as I do, oh there WILL be a party!


Till next blog!

love, a.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Amy, do you realize it has almost been a whole year since you guys left SP! In someways its seems like you just left and in others like you've been gone for a very, very long time. I'm in Snaplake but we are very close to being completed, a week or so and then, HOME! Got a few people listening to SSV2 and I can't wait to get home and finish it. I really miss you guys and can't wait til the time comes when we can get together. Love you guys, Murray
Rachel said…
Amy!
It's good to see you back in the land of blogging. (which, actually, reminds me that I have pretty much stopped blogging, too.)

The shells are beautiful - they make me smile, just like the leaves in the fall.

:)

r

Popular posts from this blog

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Hope and Beyond