Well, it's officially Winter here in Southern California
It's been raining since about 4:30 a.m. and we've already seen near an inch of it. The neat thing about rain here I find, is that it simply pours ~ like an Edmonton downpour in the middle of a thunderstorm that goes for about 10 mins, except here, it goes on for hours. Sometimes harder than others, but mostly, the sky opens up and pours out itself onto the scorched earth.When the pouring cleared a bit, I did venture down to the water, and frankly, the landscape was transformed.

Water runoff has created crevasses and sand canyons that belly out into the open waves.
Unfortunately, with the run off, there was also alot of garbage littering the beach...just goes to show: All rivers DO run to the ocean.
And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water." So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the expanse "sky." ~ Genesis 1: 6-7
Comments
Is it at least warm??
(Em -- I also miss the winters in Thailand... It was -23ish this morning, and I had to wear LOTS of clothes...)