Christmas time is here ...

Christmas is definitely in the air, even though it's not cold here, and there is zero snow.

Last night we went to a Christmas Party hosted by the church group that we've been going too, Seven24. It was affectionately called "The Ugly Christmas Sweater Party" and the admission was finding a tacky/ugly or otherwise, "I wouldn't normally be wearing this sweater", sweater.

That's the disclaimer for these photos =)
The guy in the middle is Brett, he's the worship leader/coordinator for Seven24, I love his heart, and his voice too ... and yes, Jay is holding a tea cup.
Us and Mike Martinez, our drummer friend -- he's such a sweet guy.
The happy couple =) "Old Man Huzil" and me, but I'm not old yet ...

and I am MOST happy to say, that I believe these may be the last pictures to be taken by my little digital camera. The camera which Jay has lovingly referred to for the last couple years as a "piece of Sh*t", is yes, retiring.

As my Christmas/Birthday present this year, I've bought my dream camera (finally!!) after, seriously years of oogling it and waiting for it to come down in price, I WILL be getting it via UPS tomorrow. My NEW Canon Digital Rebel XTi, 10 megapixel SLR unit. Weeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

I can hardly wait. My old little canon, that's been carrying us through the years is about done. And it's a good thing too. The poor little guy is so filled with beach sand now that half the time it doesn't even power up properly.

So, in short, the blog is about to get a lot more beautiful (picture wise).

Oh, and our Christmas "Tree" this year? Two wonderful smelly Christmas Candles, one red, one green, and two bitty stockings. I've been baking all afternoon, for giving to friends, and Jay and I are driving into San Diego tomorrow to pick up my pottery from David -- I am soooo incredibly excited to see how things turned out. David said it's one of the best firings his kiln has ever put forth ~ so I have 28 babies I'll be bringing home tomorrow =)



Yes, it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

Comments

Mommy Emily said…
yay for pottery and cameras! btw, i think you guys look rad in your sweaters :) i really like brown on jay (i'm being serious!)
merry christmas!!

Popular posts from this blog

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Hope and Beyond