Christmas

Well, Christmas time is done! I've been feeling like, even though this is technically our second Christmas here, it def. feels like our "first official". We had our own little home, all on our own. Our holiday was spent mostly with friends and each other

Jay scored big time with his gifts =), well, in my books anyways. I got him the standard "clothes for the man" since boys don't shop well -- and I think he liked his gifts.

His presents to me where three-tiered. The first -- a little stuffed bulldog that holds CD's -- (man's dream, a stuffed animal WITH function). The second gift was a tambourine -- with which I can full fill my eventual dream of being one of those "crazed-tambourine-ladies" at church, except hopefully I would be in time with the music ... in all seriousness, I'm totally excited about it, and hope to use it in church and when we play shows too maybe.

And the last and final gift that will keep on giving?? Jay bought me an electric piano -- a Yamaha -- as a Christmas/Birthday present. I've been noodling about the last couple days and I hope to sort of teach myself the ropes of scales and chords so I can write songs and play adequately enough for myself. I've always wished I had learned piano when I was young, and I just love how it sounds. The beauty of this instrument is that it has a HOST of other sounds, plus several drum machines which we can bring right into our recording software, so it's a good gift!

Here are some photos of what we've done the last couple days. In the attempt to be brief, here is the rundown:





On Christmas day we drove up into the California mountains to visit Jay's friend from work, James and his family. They live about 50 miles out and UP in the mountains (crazy windy, roads) -- they have "snow" up there -- although, my definition of snow differs pretty greatly from the California concept =) You can check out from the pics. their home is right up in the boonies, and it looks alot like Jasper I guess but with less rocks and WAY taller trees. On the way back down the mountain you could actually see the OCEAN (5o miles away-- it looked like this strange glinting thing on the horizon)




On the day after Christmas Jay had to work, so, consequentially, so did I ... but we did go for dinner to Andy and Laura's house. Our friend Barbara and her son where there as well, and there was lots of baby-holdin' goin' on =) I can't believe how little Mira is growing, I could TELL she had gotten bigger!!! Which is really weird cause, it's only been like 2 weeks or so since I saw her last.

Anyways, that was Christmas in a nutshell. Today is Jay's day off and I think we've been invited to a college football game with Mike (Martinez).

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

Till Next Blog ~ a.

Comments