The Cross Over

So, I was going to blog last night, but was too tired, and now, even tho it's after midnight here, I simply MUST begin posting on my trip "home" to Canada, lest I begin to forget all the emotions, thoughts and wonderful times that I am experiencing.

My flights in were pretty decent, altho the fellow sitting beside me ALMOST chucked his cookies on the way into Salt Lake city (the turbulance was terrible ~ I was praying!) I arrived into Edmonton Intl. airport at exactly 8p.m. -- and NO hassle at the "border", tho security there was pretty intense (they had drug sniffing dogs and everything!)

It was so neat to see my mom again, who, I admit looks pretty much the same as I remember, though, I can see a bit more age in her face.

In a nutshell, everything here seems the same but different, like the shell of something I once knew, only to look closer and find that things are so very different. There are new roads (the Anthony Henday Ring Road is complete) and new stores everywhere, sprawling out into the once picturesque farm fields -- I wonder where it will all stop in the end, or if Edmonton & Area is destined to end up a bit like the city's of Southern California, one bleeding into the other to create a maze of cement and population.

The big differences I notice so far? Canadian Accents are quite apparent to me, where as, I didn't even think there was one before. All the trees here seem sadly short and skinny, in fact, everything seems quite flat, even buildings seem very angular and stout. The roads are not very busy, and there is white snow everywhere, which I admit, I AM enjoying -- and it SEEMS cold, though, I know it's really not =)

Tonight I went to Heartland Alliance for worship practice for this weekend ~ and it was SO great to see Murray and Adam again (and our little Honda!!!) They still have my painting in the sanctuary, which completely warms my heart. Other than that, all the people are different, and that weirds me out a bit too.

I am praying that this weekend, God's spirit will fall over Heartland and the people, and He would find favor with us, and too those who are truly seeking Him.

I feel so blessed, even-more-so now that I am here. It's a strange feeling to have a life somewhere else, and come back to what you knew so well, only to find that it doesn't so much know you anymore.

Till next blog!
a.

Comments

Rachel said…
that's a really great way of phrasing that feeling. I felt that way coming back from Thailand, and that describes it better than anything else.
Anonymous said…
i loved this post ammee. it was like poetry. and that's how i felt about going to edmonton this christmas too :) thanks for writing. love em.

Popular posts from this blog

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Hope and Beyond