Well, the last week has been incredibly busy for me, which will explain my lack of being in blogger land, for which, I apologize =)
The last week has been a rainy one here in Southern California, and altho we did escape MUCH of the havoc that those north of us received, we did get alot of rain.

(this photo is our beach access, which is now colored a beautiful "muck black" from the runoff)
Being so close to the beach now, and esp. near to a "storm drain" (the lagoon we also live on) this winter season of "storms" is proving to be rather depressing.

(our "strom drain", yes, EVERYTHING DOES run to the ocean, people)
Going down to the beach, which is storm by storm, being eroded away, now smells rather peculiar -- not good or bad -- just peculiar. And colorful crinkles of garbage washed upon the sand replace the sea shells and rocks.

The seagulls do seem to like it though -- I miss the REAL ocean for now.

On some personal notes: I finished one deadline today (Break Forth Conference Magazine), only to be tackling three more MAJOR projects (Calgary Outdoor Center Summer Guide, LLN and Strathcona County Spring Guide) , all of which have deadlines that fall right in front, right in the middle and right at the end of my Canada "VACA". So, for those who do pray, I would really appreciate prayer, that I would complete everything and still have time for the vacation =)

I'm getting anxious about travelling to Canada and crossing the border with my new visa (and all that that entails) so, mixed with all the excitement of seeing my mom after more than a year and visiting with family and many friends, I have the stress and dread of work and flying.

That's really it ~ till next blog.



P.S.
On a completely different note, Jay has been concocting this pedal board (I think for years, even if perhaps in his dreams) So, for those who understand and appreciate the pedals and wires, here you are -- you'll have to email Jay if you want to know what they all do.

Comments

Hi Amy! I hope you have a wonderful time coming home to Canada! I'm sure you will have a break from the rain in Edmonton :) I know nothing about music and all that goes along with it but Jay's pedal board looks very impressive! Way to go - by the way, with your huge projects! That's so great that you're doing so well! I'm sure that you will accomplish all that you need to. Talk to you later!
Olivia

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010