Goodmorning!

I awoke pretty early in the morning today, (6 a.m. on the dot) and just didn't feel like going back to sleep.
I had awakened from this bizzarly gross dream of trying to kill three cockroaches in my home with water and a plastic bowl and when I was started awake, I just didn't feel like closing my eyes again (go figure). I have NO idea what the dream could have meant ... if anything, but I can certainly tell you about my past couple days.
On Saturday I took the train down to SD and visited with Laura and Andy and little Mira (!!!!) she is sooooo cute, getting cuter every time I see her little round face. Then Laura and I went to Balboa park and walked Caper (with the baby in tow).

(Interesting and slightly funny and/or disturbing sidebar: while we were there, a possibly gay individual approached us and got talking to Laura about Mira and after awhile he looked right at me and smiled and said "Congratulations, you must be so proud." I guess he figured we were quite possibly gay as well ... just goes to show the climate of Southern California in a way).

I only mention that because I spent the next couple hours wondering if I looked like a Lesbian ... I don't think I really do. Anyways, (most akward blog ever) moving right along.
I've been busy the last couple days working, no, slaving away trying to update my website for the business. My intent is, once I get it completed, to start applying for some jobs around here and hopefully begin to pull in some extra cash. I can't even communicate properly enough, the amount of stress I feel over our money situation. It's not like things have really changed from before, but it's in my face since I've been back here, and it feels so heavy on me to try to do something about it. Please pray about that for us, and the right job for me.
Other than those things, although I am emmensly glad to be back, and today the weather here will be stunning, I've been missing my mom and feeling somewhat unsettled about the almighty "what are we doing here" question.
And I know I can't question, shouldn't even question -- It's not in the book. But the hardest thing for me (control freak that I'm beginning to see that I am) is just sitting back, and letting things happen. Trusting that God is going to use me. I am finding that very difficult to do gracefully. But then, maybe that's just life.

Till Next Blog ~ love, a.

Comments

Rachel said…
Amy - I think you're wrong - (most awkward way to start a comment, ever!) - sometimes it's good to question, and sometimes we NEED to question. God's big enough to handle all of our problems and questions, and he says that if we ask for wisdom, he'll give it (James 1).
Fear not, God's got a plan.

You might also be encouraged to know that whenever I returned to Thailand after being in Canada for a few weeks, I always had trouble with doubt and dissatisfaction.

I'm praying for you guys!!

r
Anonymous said…
you're getting pretty good with that rebellious canon.
Mommy Emily said…
i too think it's good to question... i pray God will reveal answers to you sweet ammee. i like your stories, esp. about the awkward situation in the park :) and i'm so glad you have friends like laura around you. love you, em.

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010