I am so incredibly tired right now, this blog may be short ~ but i wanted to write and get up to speed on life incase any of the "curiosities' of others were, well, curious.

My job has been getting better everyday. The "dreaded" marketing summit was actually quite cool, almost (dare i say) a highlight of my work week. I am beginning to "settle" somewhat into this new Corporate America ... but, I AM missing, so much my home, and the ocean, and music and all the freedom that I once had. And I am working like an insane person (doing all the freelance that used to be a leisure 4 hour work day, crammed into my evenings after working 8 hours). I don't know how long I'll be able to keep this pace up, or if it will ever feel normal.

I'll always, and continue to have these questions in my mind. But for now, I feel safe to say, I am beginning to remember what it was like to actually work everyday. The sad part though is you get so wrapped up in working, that you loose so much of yourself in the process. You become MORE of what you do, than really, who the core of you is. (Does that make sense?)

I miss my time with God, my slow mornings listening and singing worship music. My walks on the beach, my hippie hair and nose ring (which I've had to take out ... can you imagine if they found out I had gauges!! heavens). I feel a bit like I've had to put "Ammee" into a box and up on a shelf, and had to clothe myself in the "corporate" clothes and get lost and tread water in a hard, corporate world, where so many feel like thier life is ... I have left mine at the foot of the ocean.

And my struggle becomes, how to preserve the person that I am, in a world that wants you to sell out to the vision of something else, that has very little value to your very spirit.

I know this is only for a season, at least I pray that it is.

Till Next Blog ~ a.

Comments

Mommy Emily said…
hey girl... i read this one after reading your latest... at least God is giving you some time to rest, right? take time to reflect, to ask Him why, and to let him show you the way. He cares so much about you and wants you to be 'free' to enjoy life and not stress. maybe he's trying to tell you something --i don't know. but just trust him. he'll take care of you. em.

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010