The New Job...
So, this is where this blog is going to get really honest -- I mean, it always generally is, but sometimes I do censor things cause I know that family and or certain people are reading and I don't want to convey anything that could worry anyone etc, etc. =)
That said, I'm not going to drop any bombshell here either, I'm just going to write very candidly at the moment.
My first day of work
was
boring
yes, it truly was ... after orientation (which I had go through, have my own little handbook, sit through a powerpoint of the company and sign my freedom away in various degrees) I had to sit in a Marketing meeting for 2 hours (!!!!) of which, I understood almost nothing. (Although I did get to see a new commercial they'll be airring next week that was cool). Then, I went to my wee corner of the office (a corner cubie) and did every single job they had selected for me ... and it was only lunch.
In all honesty I can't believe how slack my job feels right now (which, I am actually kind of happy about) and also, how strange corporate America is ... you know the show "the office" or any of those shows that have the large room, with all the cubicals and the pictures of family tacked to the walls along with cartoon strips of Dilbert and the like? ALL TRUE!
And to top off the cake for my first week? I have to attend a MARKETING Summit for the next day and a half (which, if it's anything like the Marketing meeting, should be an amazing thrill ride of adventure and more things I don't understand).
I write all this with a sense of comic relief though. I am VERY thankful that I have my job, and there are quite good perks for corporate employees (they have a gym facility we can use) and paid Time Off added to each check, and bonues and stuff ... I just hope (and I believe it will) get fun soon =)
My hours are 8 to 5, which throws a wrench in Jay's and mines carpooling idea ... so, that's the one obstacle we've got to figure out ... otherwise, I'm off to get ready for work now ~ Marketing Summit, here i come ... (sigh)
Till next blog!
love, a.
That said, I'm not going to drop any bombshell here either, I'm just going to write very candidly at the moment.
My first day of work
was
boring
yes, it truly was ... after orientation (which I had go through, have my own little handbook, sit through a powerpoint of the company and sign my freedom away in various degrees) I had to sit in a Marketing meeting for 2 hours (!!!!) of which, I understood almost nothing. (Although I did get to see a new commercial they'll be airring next week that was cool). Then, I went to my wee corner of the office (a corner cubie) and did every single job they had selected for me ... and it was only lunch.
In all honesty I can't believe how slack my job feels right now (which, I am actually kind of happy about) and also, how strange corporate America is ... you know the show "the office" or any of those shows that have the large room, with all the cubicals and the pictures of family tacked to the walls along with cartoon strips of Dilbert and the like? ALL TRUE!
And to top off the cake for my first week? I have to attend a MARKETING Summit for the next day and a half (which, if it's anything like the Marketing meeting, should be an amazing thrill ride of adventure and more things I don't understand).
I write all this with a sense of comic relief though. I am VERY thankful that I have my job, and there are quite good perks for corporate employees (they have a gym facility we can use) and paid Time Off added to each check, and bonues and stuff ... I just hope (and I believe it will) get fun soon =)
My hours are 8 to 5, which throws a wrench in Jay's and mines carpooling idea ... so, that's the one obstacle we've got to figure out ... otherwise, I'm off to get ready for work now ~ Marketing Summit, here i come ... (sigh)
Till next blog!
love, a.
Comments