Oh Beautiful, Ameri ... c ... uhhh ...

K, so, this is going to REALLY make you laugh --

Today, I was "terminated" from my position @ Jenny Craig. It appears that because I don't have my Social Security # yet (it's actually on-order, should be here in less than 2 weeks) I cannot be LEGALLY employed by the co. (even though I DO have a GREEN card ... yah, go figure that out). So, my supervisor (who I really like alot, her name is Sandy) drove me home today at about 1:30 p.m.. She assures me that I still completely have a job -- I don't need to "re-apply" but I do need to get processed all over again. I will be getting compensated for this week of work that i've done, although I'm not sure how exactly yet. (It'll have to be under the table of sorts). And as soon as I do get my social # in the mail, I should just let them know and I'll be employed again.

so, I was upset for sure. They called me and Sandy down to the human resources offices and were all apologetic and stuff. But I just feel pretty drained over the WHOLE entire "trying to get down here" deal. The moment I thought that I had "done it" the floor gets pulled from beneath me.

The good news is that Sandy (my supervisor) really totally likes me and I do believe I have a job when I get my card. But this whole situation (aside from making me upset) has really made me look at the job and if I REALLY, really want it. I believe I do. It's so completely cushy, and quite low stress, but there is so much security (financial and otherwise) wrapped up in it to. The job seriously felt too good to be true.

I'm trying to figure out why God is letting this situation take place ... if it's just a matter of coincidence, or if He's trying to show me something ... it's something I do have to think of and pray about.

On the absolute flip side, it is Good Friday -- and I am also thinking of Christ's sacrifice on the Cross. And loving Him all the more.

Have a wonderful Easter ~ till next blog ... a.

Comments

Mommy Emily said…
oh ammee i'm so sorry hon. i don't know if this will help, but i was thinking the other day about good friday and how it must have seemed SO incredibly depressing for everyone because they didn't know about the resurrection... which was only 2 days later, yet it must have felt like an eternity to wait that long. all that to say, we never know what's around the corner. all we can do is be faithful in the moment. i will be praying for sure. love em.

Popular posts from this blog

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Hope and Beyond