So, it is Friday afternoon ... there is a bit of a "winter storm" blowing into San Diego county tonight (which really just means "rain" and some wind, and some high waves). The weekend will be upon us, well pretty much right now.
I truly think, aside from my wedding (which did have it's own dramaz ... if you're in the "fam" you know what I'm talkin' about) this has just about been one of the most eventful weeks of my life. Not because I actually DID anything either, but rather, because of all the things that have happened to me.
It's ALL about timing (usually) if you look at things. And to me, it just points more to God, and an intelligent Creator who truly cares about us, in deeper ways than we can imagine.
This week, I got my green card in the mail (k, that ALONE has been over 2 years in the making). I secured my "first" real AMERICAN job, at a nation-wide company (which even now, as I type, seems soooo insane). --- to bring y'all to speed on this ... I am not (yet) loosing any freelance clients, which was a real fear this week, and almost a reality, but: catasrophy adverted. --- I am now, truly excited in my heart about my "job", and I really can't believe that after the weekend is over, I'll be going "into work on Monday" ... YOW! That's soooo weird (7 and a half years people, since I've been "into an office" full time, bear with me)
Anyways, back to business. Jay and I went yesterday to the Social Security Admin. and I've ordered my Social # ... which is HUGE here.
I am simply floored at how much God has blessed me this week. And even more so, how (sheepishly) I've been fearful, and almost faithless in my eyes. It makes me realize how very fragile I really am. I am not proud of it ... but it spurs me forward to realize just how much I really DO need to JUST TRUST.
God pours it out, and I freak out, and all inbetween I need to JUST TRUST.
Why is that so hard for me?
Bottom line? I am COMPLETELY thankful!!!! Thankful for answered prayers large and small. God is SO Good. Lets not ever forget that ~ even when times are hard. (and I know for many, they are strange and uncertain right now) but know this: in my heart, I am (and will) pray =) and trust. Because it does really work, maybe not always in ways we expect or want, but it does hold comfort and strength for those who seek it.
Have a wonderful weekend. Till next blog!
a.
I truly think, aside from my wedding (which did have it's own dramaz ... if you're in the "fam" you know what I'm talkin' about) this has just about been one of the most eventful weeks of my life. Not because I actually DID anything either, but rather, because of all the things that have happened to me.
It's ALL about timing (usually) if you look at things. And to me, it just points more to God, and an intelligent Creator who truly cares about us, in deeper ways than we can imagine.
This week, I got my green card in the mail (k, that ALONE has been over 2 years in the making). I secured my "first" real AMERICAN job, at a nation-wide company (which even now, as I type, seems soooo insane). --- to bring y'all to speed on this ... I am not (yet) loosing any freelance clients, which was a real fear this week, and almost a reality, but: catasrophy adverted. --- I am now, truly excited in my heart about my "job", and I really can't believe that after the weekend is over, I'll be going "into work on Monday" ... YOW! That's soooo weird (7 and a half years people, since I've been "into an office" full time, bear with me)
Anyways, back to business. Jay and I went yesterday to the Social Security Admin. and I've ordered my Social # ... which is HUGE here.
I am simply floored at how much God has blessed me this week. And even more so, how (sheepishly) I've been fearful, and almost faithless in my eyes. It makes me realize how very fragile I really am. I am not proud of it ... but it spurs me forward to realize just how much I really DO need to JUST TRUST.
God pours it out, and I freak out, and all inbetween I need to JUST TRUST.
Why is that so hard for me?
Bottom line? I am COMPLETELY thankful!!!! Thankful for answered prayers large and small. God is SO Good. Lets not ever forget that ~ even when times are hard. (and I know for many, they are strange and uncertain right now) but know this: in my heart, I am (and will) pray =) and trust. Because it does really work, maybe not always in ways we expect or want, but it does hold comfort and strength for those who seek it.
Have a wonderful weekend. Till next blog!
a.
Comments