Be-lated April Fool's Day
This week was very busy (ofcourse). Me, still juggling working two jobs ... but somehow seeming to manage things.
After Jay's parent's left on Monday morning for home, Amanda was here visiting with her friend Chris for the week. So, we spent evenings with them, eating out and playing video games (well, mostly Jay and Chris did, although there is this game demo we've downloaded called "Boogie Bunnies" and you can just imagine from the title, WHY I LOVE this game ... it's full of cute, computerized bunnies that dance around and talk ... yah, anyways, good stress reliever ... end sidebar).
Here are some shots from the last week. This week I'm sure will be full.
(Hanging out with Amanda and Chris ... here is a shot Amanda took, kind of trippy if you ask me)
(This is the star of the weekend, Chris's little dog Calli ~ we all went down to the beach Sunday morning and played fetch ... Calli had a blast I think ... and almost runs as fast as caper, but not quite I think)

(Action shot!Calli, aka cheetah!)
My day job is proving to be pretty stress free -- and I am still thankful for all of it. My corporate culture shock is beginning to wain as I slowly embrace the Black outfits and high heel shoes I need to wear. I have to take out my nose-ring ... which I admit, I am STILL bummed about, but what can you do ... I may ask my supervisor soon if I can keep it in (it is very small and inconspicuous) ... but we'll see. Most of all concerning my new job, I am beginning to wonder what opportunities might come from all this. Honestly, I can't see much of an "advancement" there, my supervisor seems very content with her job, and I'm not sure what else I could do there ... funny I just started and I'm already thinking of where I could be going there. I guess I should just treasure the moment.
One thing I would like to try to do better this coming week, is take care of myself - physically. Because of the new job and new hours and sudden LACK of free time, I haven't been able to work out, and my eating habits are getting pretty dispersed. We get an incredible discount @ work on the Jenny food, but it is frozen and rather "un-fresh" and processed. I've been feeling really tired and my body has consistently been rather "irregular" (if you know what i mean ... k, I know, too much information). So, anyways, all that to say, this week I'm going to try to make time to care about how I'm "feeling" inside, so I can start feeling healthy inside ... after all,
(wo) man cannot live on "Jenny Cuisine" alone.
Till next blog! a.
P.S. -- some hilarity: Chris has a new MAC with a built in video camera and a program called Photobooth, which basically does a bunch of WACKY stuff ... here are the results -- enjoy!



Comments