The Creatures of Carlsbad
We have a very interesting (and STRANGE) neighbor lady named Eileen. She's almost like the "classic" and stereotypical "Strange" neighbor, who, obviously has issues, of various kinds. She's sort of spindly and skinny, middle aged and quite disheveled and quite the pack rat. Her balcony is littered (literally) with shells and rocks from the sea...her parking spot is right next to ours and the inside of her car looks like a hurricane of papers and junk just blew through. Unfortunately, her apt. looks the same. And in all truth I do actually feel for her. I really like her though, weird as she is. We've chatted on a couple of occasions and although you can tell she's not really "all on" upstairs, she is enough that it makes you like her and appreciate her quirkiness.
So, our wonderful neighbor lady Eileen has left her outside porch light on, well, pretty much since we've lived here. I don't think she's EVER turned it off. And this creates an interesting problem
As you know, we live in Southern California where bugs can live and thrive ALL year, growing and multiplying to their wee-hearts content. California Bugs can be on the larger side, def. much larger than Canadian ones I've seen. But they tend to be a bit on the spindly side, so they're just kind of large and annoying, not really scary. But they do possess the same little "bug instincts" that all little bugs share ... like being attracted to light bulbs (Can you see where I am going with this
Eileen's light outside her doorway (and ours) has become, well, an absolute Bug hangout. Every time we open the door almost, we have to be quick as too NOT let any flit their little buggie way into our home
And these absolutely CREEPY large spindly things, they look like mosquitoes, but way bigger ... and I don't think they bite
We can't bring ourselves to ask her to turn off her light ... so we've just resorted to unscrewing the bulb in the evening after 10 and screwing it back in when we leave in the morning. For now it's keeping the bugs at bay ...
Till next blog ~ love a.
One last "creature-shot"
Comments