Pansies and Paintings
Well hello to everyone =)
I know it's been a while (I think I'm begining to start all my blogs this way!)
I feel like time just really flies now ... I don't know if it's a "getting older" thing or just a busyness thing ... at any rate, it's been about a week and a half I guess. We had the American "May-Long" weekend last weekend, and I completely did EVERYTHING I always want to do, work out, sing, worship, paint, chill ... just relax.

On Saturday I talked to my mom, who is planting her garden right now, and was trying to explain the flowers around here. So, this picture is for her and our conversation, which revolved around pansies (mom bought some pansies, cause she said they reminded her of me =))
On Saturday I also ventured to the art supply store that we have by our house. It's conveniently located right beside my most favourite (note Canadian spelling) fair trade/organic food store : Trader Joes. (moment of reflection). I hadn't really planned on buying anything, maybe a canvas or two ... or some paint ... I had no plans, but walked out of there armed with my very FIRST set of oil paints and three canvas's (they were on sale).
Now, I have never painted with oil paints. And there are going to be some who argue that these paints aren't TRUE oils (which, I would have to concur). they're "water-based-oils", which sounds bizzare, but they seem pretty ligit. I had no idea what to expect and I didn't want to have to deal with stinky and flammable stuff ... so I thought I'd give these a try.
All I can say -- is I can't believe that it's taken me 30 years to discover them! I'm IN LOVE with these paints, and what they can do ... I completed my first painting last Sunday, I don't know what to call it yet ... and I can't get over how things are still wet DAYS after you paint them ... it's very cool ... anyways, it's a joy, in my life right now.

Aside from the painting, our music/band is really picking up steam ... we've been jamming consistently every week, making progress each time we play. Live shows will be coming soon ... it seems so far away, and yet, I know it's just around the corner.
I know to some this goal and dream (our music) may seem ridiculous, but even more so in my life right now, I cherish playing and singing - screaming my heart out into a puddle onto the floor. It's a gift God has given us -- I am so thankful.
Thanks to the miracle and/or curse of "Time", the next weekend is almost upon us. I'm hoping to go down to S.D. to visit Laura and Sunday Jay and I are having some old friends from San Diego church over for dinner.
Have an amazing weekend!
Till Next Blog
I know it's been a while (I think I'm begining to start all my blogs this way!)
I feel like time just really flies now ... I don't know if it's a "getting older" thing or just a busyness thing ... at any rate, it's been about a week and a half I guess. We had the American "May-Long" weekend last weekend, and I completely did EVERYTHING I always want to do, work out, sing, worship, paint, chill ... just relax.
On Saturday I talked to my mom, who is planting her garden right now, and was trying to explain the flowers around here. So, this picture is for her and our conversation, which revolved around pansies (mom bought some pansies, cause she said they reminded her of me =))
Now, I have never painted with oil paints. And there are going to be some who argue that these paints aren't TRUE oils (which, I would have to concur). they're "water-based-oils", which sounds bizzare, but they seem pretty ligit. I had no idea what to expect and I didn't want to have to deal with stinky and flammable stuff ... so I thought I'd give these a try.
All I can say -- is I can't believe that it's taken me 30 years to discover them! I'm IN LOVE with these paints, and what they can do ... I completed my first painting last Sunday, I don't know what to call it yet ... and I can't get over how things are still wet DAYS after you paint them ... it's very cool ... anyways, it's a joy, in my life right now.
Aside from the painting, our music/band is really picking up steam ... we've been jamming consistently every week, making progress each time we play. Live shows will be coming soon ... it seems so far away, and yet, I know it's just around the corner.
I know to some this goal and dream (our music) may seem ridiculous, but even more so in my life right now, I cherish playing and singing - screaming my heart out into a puddle onto the floor. It's a gift God has given us -- I am so thankful.
Thanks to the miracle and/or curse of "Time", the next weekend is almost upon us. I'm hoping to go down to S.D. to visit Laura and Sunday Jay and I are having some old friends from San Diego church over for dinner.
Have an amazing weekend!
Till Next Blog
Comments