Altering my World
(Painting by Emily Wierenga)So, I get pretty bored at work sometimes, when there is very little to keep me hands busy, today I googled my name (Amy Huzil) and I also googled my ... well, sort of screen name (?) which I'm thinking of making my "stage name" (what people who hear our music will know me as) Ammee Pearl and the following post came up first.
This was penned by my dear friend Emily (who at the time was in Korea teaching English, but who now lives outside of Toronto w/ her husband, and is a freelance writer). I read the words, which I had so long forgotten, and sitting here in my little cubical, I almost started to cry ... and I think because I had forgotten pieces of who I am, or at least, I'd laid them aside some. It's so easy to forget what God has called you to do. And the reason I am so passionate about this right now, is this ...
(I kid you not) Today at lunch I went outside and sat (I usually do) I have this corner of the parking lot thats behind the building where I eat, it's quiet and peaceful and usually totally undisturbed. As I was sitting there, I was sort of praying or talking to God and I was reflecting if I really had a "calling" on my life, because I just feel like I don't really know... or I feel like some things just may not come to pass ... Anyways, I didn't ask anything specific ... but here is what met my eyes (written by my friend Em) when I got back from lunch and was nursing my boredom:
"May God's spirit rest on you like
a bird of many colours
may your prayers be as fragrant incense
in our father's house
may your head remain bowed
your heart humbled
by the calling he's placed upon you
and go in peace
knowing he's paved the path
you have my complete blessing.
blossom, sweet yellow carnation"
~ by Emily Wierenga, Sept. 21/06
Now, there is a WHOLE giant story behind alot of those words, which, if you know me very well, you know, but if you don't, well, maybe someday I will share it.
But anyways, for now, I hang onto that prophecy in my heart, and kneel at my fathers feet and let my tears roll down.
Till next blog. ~ love .a
Comments