Turbo Update

I Need to do a turbo-type update =)

I've been so busy lately, with work and work (at night) that I just haven't had a chance to do any blogging and it sucks!!!! So, I'm going to try to catch up with everything.

I guess busy is the key word for life lately. Working at JC is getting better. I've had a serious attitude adjustment and that has been good ... it's amazing how our hearts can sabotage our spirits. There is a verse in the Bible somewhere that says "a man's heart is deceitful above all things, who can know it" and boy is that true. I've really had to focus on the fact that I have nothing to complain about, and everything to be thankful for.

Speaking of being thankful -- besides the long hours, (I'm in the middle of county stuff, so I've been trying to keep track of 65 advertisers as they send me their things, plus Break Forth, plus Living Light News) Our building has Birds! Now, the reason why I find this a "thankful" item is this: It's really hard to be grumpy when you can hear baby birds (they sound like chicks chirping) outside.

See, our building has these ... vents (?) above our balconies and apparently the one right over our neighbors place has a bird nest. So lately, not only have a TON of birds been hangin' out on our balconies and flying and singing, but they've been dashing up into the vent to feed their babies, and every time the mother does, little muffled chirps and cheeps erupt ... it's so precious, it brings joy to my heart, and when I feel overwhelmed I'm reminded how God takes care of us, all the time no matter what. He knows our needs and supplies and He is never, ever far away.

This last weekend, our friends Laura and Andy were coming home from a road trip and stopped by our house for a quick visit on Sunday night. I showed little Mira a few chords ... she is getting so big, so fast, and even glancing back through my blogs I can see just how much she is growing up ... it's pretty amazing.

I guess last on the update ... Jay is going for his drivers test today, since we're from Canada, we have to "re-take" our driving stuff ... and I think he would have waited alot longer but his licence is expiring on his birthday this year (which is in a couple days people!!) so he had to make the move. So, if anyone reads this in the next, oh, half hour - 40 mins or so, say a prayer for him, my heart is with him right now, and I actually feel the "butterflies" of nerves thinking about it!

This weekend, Jenny Craig is having their annual company picnic, and we get to go to Sea World -- for FREE!! I'm very excited, we're going tomorrow for the day, so expect some good pictures next week! I'll try to NOT leave my blogging so long.

Till Next Blog!
love, a.

Comments