Music is my life
Or what I look forward too, at any rate...
This past weekend we were asked by a guy that Jay works with @ Buffalo Bros to play/sing @ a little restaurant/coastal night spot in Encinitas (about 9 miles south of our house). We mostly sang covers and did some of his original tunes, Jay wailing away in a consistent wonderful guitar solo and I singing backups and some covers we had picked. It was crazy fun -- in fact, quite a bit more fun than I had sort of thought it would be ... the restaurant was pretty decently packed and we even got some dollars in tips from some cute little kids! I'm hoping that maybe we'll be able to do it again sometime soon, or at least in the near future.

We've also been jamming with 'the band" and will be focusing a bit more on writing some new materials, and practicing two nights a week. It's these times that I find I just reeely look forward to, and cherish and I realized on Saturday night, as I sat there with Jay and our little band, that music, and the ability to play and create and form something that sounds good -- together --is such a true gift! I don't know why I never reeely realized that before, because it sort of seems kind of obvious ... anyways, I felt like it was a gift from God to play, and to touch people, in a non-churchy type setting (none of the songs were "Christian" in that sense) but some were uplifting, and I believe that we really did make a difference -- even if just to the others in the band.
Anyways, LAST weekend I went down to San Diego and visited Laura and Mira and we missed the last train back, so Laura graciously drove me home -- and we had some more "musical" moments with little Mira and Jay -- soooo crazy cute.
(Jay and Mira, making peace with Drum Stick martial arts)

Jay played Acoustic and Bass, and Mira was so into how there were actual sounds coming out of the wood ... I think she may be a future musician.
This past weekend we were asked by a guy that Jay works with @ Buffalo Bros to play/sing @ a little restaurant/coastal night spot in Encinitas (about 9 miles south of our house). We mostly sang covers and did some of his original tunes, Jay wailing away in a consistent wonderful guitar solo and I singing backups and some covers we had picked. It was crazy fun -- in fact, quite a bit more fun than I had sort of thought it would be ... the restaurant was pretty decently packed and we even got some dollars in tips from some cute little kids! I'm hoping that maybe we'll be able to do it again sometime soon, or at least in the near future.
We've also been jamming with 'the band" and will be focusing a bit more on writing some new materials, and practicing two nights a week. It's these times that I find I just reeely look forward to, and cherish and I realized on Saturday night, as I sat there with Jay and our little band, that music, and the ability to play and create and form something that sounds good -- together --is such a true gift! I don't know why I never reeely realized that before, because it sort of seems kind of obvious ... anyways, I felt like it was a gift from God to play, and to touch people, in a non-churchy type setting (none of the songs were "Christian" in that sense) but some were uplifting, and I believe that we really did make a difference -- even if just to the others in the band.
Anyways, LAST weekend I went down to San Diego and visited Laura and Mira and we missed the last train back, so Laura graciously drove me home -- and we had some more "musical" moments with little Mira and Jay -- soooo crazy cute.
Jay played Acoustic and Bass, and Mira was so into how there were actual sounds coming out of the wood ... I think she may be a future musician.
Otherwise, life is good. Work is slow (JC) and busy (IC) and I kind of like it that way =) I'm plugging away at the new Break Forth promos, which is keeping my busy, and glad to be freelancing (and creating) in the way that I can.
Also, in a side-bar of sorts, our interesting neighbor Eileen, has moved out of her suite. I actually kind of miss her quirkyness, as she's gone back east now. But, her suite is vacant, and she has windows on Three sides of her home (so, that includes Ocean View from the Living Room AND the Bedroom) plus a bigger apt. We're going to go view the suite tonight and decide if we want to move just next door (not just for the "upgraded" apartment, but also to get further away from our new neighbor on the OTHER side (who, quite honestly is a bit on the creepy side). So, I'll be praying about that and we'll see what happens.
Anywho, that's the update from our corner of the continent!
Till Next Blog ~ A.
Comments