Instant Recap
Hello Everyone =)
Well, it's been a crazy week for myself, work is busier than ever I feel, but this last week at JC was especially nuts. I took Monday off to work on Break Forth Conference Materials (which, I am still totally in the heat with) and so, on Tues. I arrived to my "Corporate" Job with hopes that when my supervisor decided to take the last three days of the week off, I'd be able to Pow-Wow on my own stuff and not be so stressed out in the eve's of the week ... Oh, that and I had taken Monday off cause it was our Bands' photo shoot (see last post) and I didn't want to have to get ready for that super quick.
Anyways, I got to work on Tues. and discovered that on Monday a HUGE job had come down the pipes -- our annual "Holiday Survival Guide" and, since my supervisor was going to be gone for the rest of the week, guess who's lap it fell into?
Yes, mine.
Not only was it larger than last years, topping out at 47 pages, but they also wanted it re-designed and updated for this year.
Well, if you know me (which, I'm sure all of you do) this is completely up my alley. So, though it made for a busy week for me, I've done my first "big" project for JC. The best part is, I did completely re-design and re-format the pages -- and so far everyone's loved my ideas ... even the CEO of the co. has to look it over and approve it (oh, my gosh! -- I haven't heard back yet) but everyone "in-office" is gung-ho over it ... and I'm actually pretty excited about finishing it...it is DEF. going into my portfolio!
The weekend I've spent going back and forth between doing Break Forth stuff (incidentally, we are WAY passed deadline on this ... no fault of my own ... and so, it's sort of do-or-die at this point -- our revised deadline is this tues ... and I'm holding my breath)I have been able to spend some AMAZING quality time with Laura (on Sat.) and some wonderful time with Jay today, and now, I'm just waiting for Break Forth to roll in, and sort of winding down from the weekend, and up for the week.
The Band is coming along really well, and we have another date (again, holding my breath) for a show -- Sept. 26th ... but it feels like things are really starting to roll and I am SO thankful!!! I feel like we're a "band of brothers" with a sister (me) ... it feels like family almost. What a gift music is!
AND -- for those that don't know, my mom is coming to visit (!!!!!!) yes!!!!! Sept. 13th to the 19th ... I'm so excited to show her where we live and all that California (Carlsbad) has to offer.
Anyways, that's the haps from here ... have a wonderful week! I'll let'cha'all know if the CEO likes my cookbook (!)
Till next blog ~ a.
Comments